PRS Guitars in action- Fractal Audio Axe-FX II Tone Tests/Demos

John

https://deathbenotproud.bandcamp.com

Hi all,

So, I recently acquired an Axe-FX made by Fractal Audio earlier this week. I've had a mess around with it for a day, and decided to upload a quick run-through of some patches I have either made, or obtained from the Axe-Change forum, or even the stock bank presets.
The guitars featured are made by Paul Reed Smith, and the bass is an Ibanez SRX.

Hope you enjoy, this was actually rather fun to make- some of the riffs were written by yours truly, some were already from existing songs and compositions, and some were just from me noodling around. lol

-John

http://facebook.com/johnucolmusic

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you wearing a tux? I wish more guitar demonstrations were done by people in tuxedos.

Are you wearing a tux? I wish more guitar demonstrations were done by people in tuxedos.

Hi Sergio, unfortunately I am not wearing an actual tux (though I have suited up in guitar vids like these in the past. lol). I had this sort of shirt underneath my jacket:

tuxedo%20t%20shirt%20cl10101m.jpg

My favorite part is when you switched to that first clean tone. Really shows off the versatility of the guitar and the rig.

Full-on metal tone one moment, and in the next you have a tone that would be great for jazz.

Sounds great John, and great playing.
I heard what sounded like Petrucci's sound quite a few times.

Thanks again, Corey- I believe one of the patches I had laying around here was actually an attempt to get a Petrucci-esque tone after all. ..from the Mark IIc tone-match if I recall correctly.

My favorite part is when you switched to that first clean tone. Really shows off the versatility of the guitar and the rig.

Full-on metal tone one moment, and in the next you have a tone that would be great for jazz.

Thank you kindly, Garrett. Chuffed to hear that you enjoyed hearing that particular clean tone.

Well I'm relieved to look at your pages and see that you have a head after all! ;) I wish I could play nearly as well, and it does help confirm that the Axe-FX II does indeed kick ass! :rock:

Well I'm relieved to look at your pages and see that you have a head after all! ;) I wish I could play nearly as well, and it does help confirm that the Axe-FX II does indeed kick ass! :rock:

DANG IT! I SERIOUSLY WANTED TO GIVE YOU ALL THE IMPRESSION THAT I AM A HEADLESS FELLOW PLAYING THE GUITAR AND NOW MY SECRET IS OUT DARN YOU. lol :(

But really, Thanks for the kind words Herr Squid. This unit is definitely the bees knees.

Back