PRS crossroads Santana

Emmanuel

Hey guys,
Could anyone please share some info on this PRS Santana model?
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...odel_crossroads_pre_factory_santana_i_limited
I guess the two toggles are similar to Paul's Guitar but why the tone pot is skipped..?

The below explanation is already available, however I am not sure I am getting it..:
  • The electronics set up, one volume control and two mini-toggles, was fashioned after a guitar that featured soapbar pickups, so the mini-toggles functionally turn the humbuckers on and off (instead of coil-splitting, which is more common on modern PRS guitars). Santana requested this layout even though a 3-way toggle would have essentially done the same job.

Thanks for sharing some insight.

Hey guys,
Could anyone please share some info on this PRS Santana model?
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...odel_crossroads_pre_factory_santana_i_limited
I guess the two toggles are similar to Paul's Guitar but why the tone pot is skipped..?

The below explanation is already available, however I am not sure I am getting it..:
  • The electronics set up, one volume control and two mini-toggles, was fashioned after a guitar that featured soapbar pickups, so the mini-toggles functionally turn the humbuckers on and off (instead of coil-splitting, which is more common on modern PRS guitars). Santana requested this layout even though a 3-way toggle would have essentially done the same job.

Thanks for sharing some insight.
I have a ‘97 Santana I which has the same layout. Here is how they work.

Carlos Santana Model (1995 - 1998)
- 2 PRS Santana Humbuckers
- 2 Mini Switches, Master Volume and Tone Controls

2 MINI SWITCH POSITIONS

• Both Switches Down: Treble Pickup
  • Both Switches Up: Bass Pickup
  • Forward Down, Back Up: Both Pickups
  • Forward Up, Back Down: Standby

I have a ‘97 Santana I which has the same layout. Here is how they work.

Carlos Santana Model (1995 - 1998)
- 2 PRS Santana Humbuckers
- 2 Mini Switches, Master Volume and Tone Controls

2 MINI SWITCH POSITIONS

• Both Switches Down: Treble Pickup
  • Both Switches Up: Bass Pickup
  • Forward Down, Back Up: Both Pickups
  • Forward Up, Back Down: Standby

Thanks Bodia!
Now it is clear.

Yet, interesting to see that this set up does not offer a tone control.

Last edited:
Back