PRS CE Questions

PRSGreg

I am looking to buy my first PRS but cannot find the specs for many of the older models. I first played a PRS guitar sometime between 1998 and 2002 and remember falling in love with a CE model. That said, I am hoping to get a very "playable" guitar. Some appealing used options seem to come from the 2001 model year, but I cannot find what finish these necks have. Does anyone know this info? Also, are there any CE model years that are known for being more playable as far as the neck finish and profile go? Are there any model years that you would avoid if you were buying a new or used CE?

I will only be able to buy my dream guitar once, so thank you for any help with this!

--Greg

There plenty of info on here. There is literally another thread happening about it right now that would be helpful.

Thank you both for the replies! I will be checking out that other thread.

One of many great things about PRS is there are no "bad years" like other brands that may start with F or G. Just be aware that if you start looking at more recent CE24 guitars, they revived the name in 2016 and it's a very different guitar from the older ones.

I just picked up a 2020 model year CE and its is a great guitar. I prefer the Satin neck so the newer ones appeal to me but it wouldn't stop me from buying one from any year. Good luck and post a pic when you get it!

Back