PRS Bodega Bay (Now With Pics)

I was rotating guitars today and restringing some others, etc and I stumbled upon an old friend that has been a case queen and unplayed aside from tuning it up and strumming a couple chords with my fingers when I first purchased it back in the day. This and another guitar are super special to me for sentimental reasons so I typically don't play them and keep them cased. Today I decided to bring it out, put it on the stand and see if I decide to change my mind on keeping it a case queen. I love the Ivory birds and the fatter neck. I know these are rare but does anybody else have one?

SEE POST 15 FOR PICS
So, how did you feel about it after not playing it for a long time?

So, how did you feel about it after not playing it for a long time?
Mixed feelings about that. It plays wonderfully. I will always have it and doubt it will ever be a mainstay workhorse player for me. I have so many guitars I can't even see straight but I do love this thing. When I first got it I strummed a couple chords on it and knew immediately it was a winner for me. I put it away and when I opened the case the other day it was still in tune. Part of me wants to case it and tuck it away and part of me wants to just keep it in my dock and see what I do with it. It makes me happy to just look at it and I get the nice feels from playing it the little I have. It is a sentimental piece for me for sure and there has been some wonderful healing within me from the day I acquired it until now so that is a good thing as well. All in all, good things!

Last edited:
Of all the figured woods, I think Birdseye is the most beautiful. That is a ver special guitar.
Thank you. It is a special one on its own merit and it certainly is special to me on a personal side.

So......I spent a little more time with the Bodega and really enjoyed it. I decided I am going to do some set up tweaks on it (though it was pretty good from the factory) and get it to my liking. I look forward to working on it and playing it more. :)

Somehow the Birdseye top gives me a feeling of looking at a distant planets surface. Where flame/fiddleback is just pretty, quilt reminds me of the deep blue see, this gives me sci-fi-vibes.

Really beautiful.

Somehow the Birdseye top gives me a feeling of looking at a distant planets surface. Where flame/fiddleback is just pretty, quilt reminds me of the deep blue see, this gives me sci-fi-vibes.

Really beautiful.
That is a really cool way to imagine that. It is a beauty and I often just get lost staring at it. Kind of how people do with clouds, I try staring at it and seeing if I can see an image of some sorts or something by looking into it. (No I don't do drugs). :)

Back