PRS Bodega Bay (Now With Pics)

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
I was rotating guitars today and restringing some others, etc and I stumbled upon an old friend that has been a case queen and unplayed aside from tuning it up and strumming a couple chords with my fingers when I first purchased it back in the day. This and another guitar are super special to me for sentimental reasons so I typically don't play them and keep them cased. Today I decided to bring it out, put it on the stand and see if I decide to change my mind on keeping it a case queen. I love the Ivory birds and the fatter neck. I know these are rare but does anybody else have one?

SEE POST 15 FOR PICS

Last edited:
That is a cool CU24.

While bird's eye maple tops have been seen in what we currently call 'core' models (albeit in low quantities) over the years, I believe this is the only run of guitars outside of Private Stock to have mammoth ivory birds inlays.

Last edited:
I tried to post them but I couldn't. Most other forums you can drag and drop but it appears I need a pic hosting thing a muh jigger to do so here. :(

I promise she is a beauty! Best top out of the few I have ever seen online.

That is a cool CU24.

While bird's eye maple tops have been seen in what we currently call 'core' models (albeit it low quantity) over the years, I believe this is the only run of guitars outside of Private Stock to have mammoth ivory birds inlays.
I believe you are right on the Mammoth Ivory Birds. They are awesome! I am not even sure you can get them anymore but I could be wrong.

Ha! It happened alright. I just need help on posting them. o_O
Use Imgur or another 3rd party site. PRS isn't interested in paying storage space for their forum users (can't blame them), so you need to provide just an image link.

Use Imgur or another 3rd party site. PRS isn't interested in paying storage space for their forum users (can't blame them), so you need to provide just an image link.
Welcome to 2003 ;)

I will email them to somebody here who wants to post them. I love you guys and all but that is a lot of work for somebody who doesn't post pics much and doesn't have a 3rd part account.

Thanks for posting photos DM and sharing this beauty Bogner. Sweet guitar!! 2003..... it's still baby..... wait that's almost twenty years ago.... Where does the time go, bought my first PRS in 1990 :oops: Damn I'm getting old
Time does fly doesn't it? Just look at our guitar necks. ;) Thanks for the love and a BIG THANKS TO DMATTHEWS for the help in posting these.

Back