PRS 408 How do you like em?

I see a lot of folks here have 408's. I've always been intrigued by them; on paper they look really awesome: a wider magnetic field for bridge pickup and a narrower field neck pickup. I forget exactly how they described it, but it makes perfect sense. I guess you can't change the pickups, you're stuck with the 408's. So my question is basically how do you like 'em? Are you happy with the pickups and the switching options? How do they sound?

I loved the bridge pup, but did not care for the neck. I pretty much live on the neck pup and love that big fat humbucker sound it gives, so take that into consideration. The guitar itself was a stunner too. You need to try one for yourself and see how they work for your style.

Wait....do they make guitars without 408's?!?!?! They sound like every other pickup I have ever liked...you just get them all without swapping/soldering.

Those are some killer guitars! The middle one is off the hook, and that black gold is to die for!

Posted an update pic in the "Lets see your number 1" thread, thought I would post it here too.

Adding a better picture, it shows the colors a little better.
Used no flash, and I had to shut the drapes.
Getting a guitar pic to turn out like it looks in person is pretty hard to do, at least for me.
And I am using a good camera, the Canon T5i, but I need to learn to use it better.

The 408 again is an amazing guitar.
I stopped at my dealer today after work (picked up another cab) and I played the same S2 Singlecut semi-hollow I had played a few months ago.
I liked it, but I will take the 408 any day.
Reason being is I like the Pattern Thin neck better over the Pattern Regular neck on the S2s.

9.jpg

Yeah I love the Pattern Thin necks. That's what my Custom 22 has and it's absolutely perfect for me. I play better on my PRS.

Corey, how do you like the new mesa mark V mini ?
I dig it, I can have it down very low, yet still have very high gain.
Most expemsive amp I have bought so far.

Many different sounds are possible from it.
There are a ton of vids now from Mesa (using a PRS too) and others demoing it.
Latest one is from Six String Samari comparing it to the bigger Mark Five.
If you are use to the bigger one, this smaller one should impress.

I've heard the demos and only heard good things about them so far, very interesting little amp. It would be right up my street I think !

408 Standard w/IRW neck here. Handles everything I've thrown at it. Everything. Love the feel, the tone and the versatility. For my money, I'm extremely happy with it.

Back