PRS 2021 Launch Party

Discussion in 'PRS News' started by [email protected], Dec 22, 2020.

1. SinSir

SinSir Mad Scientist

They're the same. I see PRS calls it a shallow violin carve but looking at the pics my eye doesn't see a difference. Doesn't mean there's not, but I don't see it. I thought I did in one but then the next one looks the same.

Per Harald Myrvang likes this.
  2. MichaelC24

MichaelC24 White Tiger & Faded Blue Jean Enthusiast

Yep they are the same, this newer carve first appeared on the SE Paul’s guitar, and then on the 35th anniversary. Now they are switching over to this more pronounced carve, but it’s very similar to the beveled tops of recent. First generation SE’s were flat tops, then around 2013-14 (I believe) they started with slight bevels on the SE line. That brings us to 2021, where the carve is inching closer to their US counterparts... but It’s very “shallow” carve.

Per Harald Myrvang likes this.
  3. SinSir

SinSir Mad Scientist

2012 started the SE beveled carve

MichaelC24 likes this.
  4. Per Harald Myrvang

Per Harald Myrvang New Member

Thank you for the clarification. My blue SE 35th just gave me a relieved and slightly smug look... ;)

MichaelC24 likes this.
  5. DougUSMC

DougUSMC Perpetual Practicer

Lol, sorry, I should've used my sarcasm font. ;)

The only lefty I saw immediately after the launch party was a SE 24 - I didn't even see a Core one. :(

On a good note - the launch party was great! Personally, I think the acoustics had a particularly strong showing!!

6. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

Also available direct from the PRS Customer Support website (a slightly cleaner URL to the exact same place):

https://prssupport.s3.amazonaws.com/prs-guitars-2021-product-catalog.pdf

I don't see one of those listed? Maybe you saw a premature version of the catalog that has now been, umm, "sanitized" for public release?

Black-Viper75 and Alnus Rubra like this.