Private Stock Friday

I ordered my PS in May of 2023 through a very reputable, big PS dealer. Anyone have any insight into when I might get to select the woods for it? Its been 9 months... normal?

Unless it was predetermined, I don’t think you do. I believe their team selects it unless you are onsite with a dealer on a tour.

I ordered my PS in May of 2023 through a very reputable, big PS dealer. Anyone have any insight into when I might get to select the woods for it? Its been 9 months... normal?
For comparison, I "ordered" in Sep 2023 and completed the onsite wood selection with the Dealer in Dec 2023. The order does not officially exist in the PRS system until the wood selection process is complete at which point you get the PS number. This means I did not have a spot in line until Dec 2023 with an expected completion date in 4Q24. As @Moondog Wily indicated, reaching out to the Dealer is your best bet. To answer your question directly, it would be abnormal to have a 9 month wait before selecting the woods unless that is something you requested. Good luck in getting it sorted out!

For comparison, I "ordered" in Sep 2023 and completed the onsite wood selection with the Dealer in Dec 2023. The order does not officially exist in the PRS system until the wood selection process is complete at which point you get the PS number. This means I did not have a spot in line until Dec 2023 with an expected completion date in 4Q24. As @Moondog Wily indicated, reaching out to the Dealer is your best bet. To answer your question directly, it would be abnormal to have a 9 month wait before selecting the woods unless that is something you requested. Good luck in getting it sorted out!
My order was approved by PRS 11/21/22 and it is now expected to ship soon.

I got my numbers before I selected woods.

I also had 9 a month wait time, but it didn't necessarily have to be that long. My build sheets were in and deposit paid early March 2023, I selected woods mid-December 2023. Was supposed to go the factory but missed two trips. Dealer is best source of info for sure.

The neck of one of mine was half done back in December so hopefully mine aren't too far behind but we'll see.

Happy Private Stock Thursday! (i'm off tomorrow)

PSF-2.jpg
PSF-3.jpg
PSF-4.jpg
PSF-5.jpg
PSF-6.jpg
PSF-7.jpg
PSF-8.jpg
PSF-9.jpg
PSF-10.jpg
PSF-11.jpg

Back