Private Stock Friday

for those grey lovers ...
aghxr6kvo5d6y0m06rhg.jpg
cvkw3mt0kcj5uhwo1qo3.jpg

OK, well not sure how this one just slips out into the public and nobody even wants to brag about it, but here it is, PS 10,000! Sold through Brians Guitars!! Sorry about the small size (I did blow it up about 20%) of the pix but that is what they have on the website for this already sold product ;~(( Perhaps the buyer could entertain us with some higher res photos of this historic piece ;~)) More photos and details available at link below!!!

https://briansguitars.com/collectio...ivate-stock-10-000-custom-24-08-sub-zero-glow

PRS-PS10000-CU24-08-SubZeroGlow-FrontBackCollage.jpg

That "Blue Dream"... I'm trying to picture how tight the channel is for the wires from the bridge pickup with the floyd rose hardware underneath it. I know HB's are a bit thicker... but that had to take some planning.

Pretty sure Floyd took a nap on that build.
You're right. Derp... was looking at several different pics on different browser tabs while still half-asleep and on my first cup of coffee, and for some reason thought that was a floyd. That's my lame excuse. Also, standard routing and pickup placement as well. I think maybe I just haven't seen a side by side like that to realize the cavity for the springs is well underneath the pickup routes.

Carry on. :rolleyes: :cool:

You're right. Derp... was looking at several different pics on different browser tabs while still half-asleep and on my first cup of coffee, and for some reason thought that was a floyd. That's my lame excuse. Also, standard routing and pickup placement as well. I think maybe I just haven't seen a side by side like that to realize the cavity for the springs is well underneath the pickup routes.

Carry on. :rolleyes: :cool:
No worries. I see more of what you mean looking at the open back trem cavity. I would love to see the routes, but I would bet they're poked straight out the side into the hollow opening at the bridge pickup.

No worries. I see more of what you mean looking at the open back trem cavity. I would love to see the routes, but I would bet they're poked straight out the side into the hollow opening at the bridge pickup.

Yeah that would certainly make sense. I do wonder how much wood separates the cavities. The top side only needs to hold the pickup in place, and the backside doesn't have anything to do with anchoring the springs so it could be pretty thin.

Yeah that would certainly make sense. I do wonder how much wood separates the cavities. The top side only needs to hold the pickup in place, and the backside doesn't have anything to do with anchoring the springs so it could be pretty thin.
I suspect the HB trems have a body length center block like a 335, but I could be wrong. This one has a rear control access cavity, though, so likely more than that for this Santana model.

Back