Private Stock Friday

No Pimentos
b8512eaf-45e6-49df-ab33-50dc599cabb5_zpsc87ada05.jpg

Want!

Can you help me load this into my car?
IMG_3185_zps1940f79c.jpg

More pics of the red ones (top and right)!

Nice.stuff.today..hehe.now.Mr.Shawn,we.know.there.are.DGT's.being.made.today.in the regular shop...just sayin lol

On board effects! Like the Electra's from the 70's! :eek:
I was thinking either that or the Moog effects on the RD artists from the 70s. But the gaping hole into the trem cavity from the control cavity threw me for a loop, makes me think there will be something really nifty/crazy/incredible we've never seen before?

Nice !

Not to derail this thread, but I have a question on guitar weight from the private stock . I recently purchased ( did not receive yet ) a Ted McCarty DC245 wood library from willcutt. I noticed after the fact, that my guitar is lighter than many of the others. I read somewhere that some woods if high quality is lighter than the same wood type, but mine happens to be around 7.1 lbs and seems all the others start at 7.6 and higher.

I realize my guitar is not private stock, but I was told that the wood library in the type of wood that is used for private stock. Not sure if that is accurate though.

I am not sure if this makes a difference, but my main playing style is lead and I want great sustain. This guitar may give me all this, but wondering your opinion on weight vs tone / sustain ?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Thanks

jerry

Last edited:
I gotta say this is my favorite PRS colour now. I dug the ultraviolet but it was too out there for me. This one, is perfect. Understated from afar but a closer inspection would reveal how amazing it actually is. Whoever came up with this bad boy is a genius.

I call it "Heart Broken" because sadly, the guitar isn't mine. :(

I hear you buddy.

I gotta say this is my favorite PRS colour now. I dug the ultraviolet but it was too out there for me. This one, is perfect. Understated from afar but a closer inspection would reveal how amazing it actually is. Whoever came up with this bad boy is a genius.

So true. Two great colors.

Back