Private Stock Friday

In your defense, it's hard to focus on anything other than ViperDoc's avatar.
image.php

THIS!

So I'm flipping back through the pages and noticed this! Did we ever discuss this fairly cool and unique headstock shape? This is way cool...a modified old and new shape and I'm totally diggin' it!!

That's actually a lefty Santana ... I think it's the wide angle lens on the camera that makes it look that way (not the eagle, obviously, that's a lefty eagle in crushed abalone :biggrin: ).

This is the finished guitar (just came last week).

prspssantanapurplestocks.jpg

Thanks for the nice words on my guitar guys. Eric at Wilcutts found that and 3 other beautiful tops when I met him at PRS. ( I could not find even one! :redface: ) That was my favorite of the four. The color is much different that what I ordered, and I am hoping I am going to dig it in person a lot more. They offered to refin, but that would bug me way to much. Rather have an off color...... The Quilt on the top had that real deep 3 D look even before we sprayed water on it. The rest of the guitar should be exactly how I wanted my very first PS (I made one huge mistake when I ordered that one) so I am REALLY looking forward to getting this one and playing it to see how it sounds. Its got a brazzy neck, fretboard headstock overlay, and is yet another Artist 3 trem/semi hollow. I had them put a PS banner on the headstock eagle, and matching quilted plates on the back to add a few different touches from my other two. :)

That's actually a lefty Santana ... I think it's the wide angle lens on the camera that makes it look that way (not the eagle, obviously, that's a lefty eagle in crushed abalone :biggrin: ).

This is the finished guitar (just came last week).

prspssantanapurplestocks.jpg

I love the Eagle on that baby. Violet to Angry Larry FTW!

I almost forgot it was Friday, so let's jump right in!

Let's start with a Double Neck!

Dragon e Dragon
IMG_1290.jpg

Headstocks
IMG_1289.jpg

Headstock detail
IMG_1288.jpg

Body under construction
IMG_1327.jpg

I haven't seen a route like this since the last Notre Dame football game.
Ouch, sorry Markie! :)
IMG_1347.jpg

And now some headstocks?
IMG_1361.jpg
IMG_1194.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg

Back