Private Stock Friday

checked in with our folks in Private Stock about that Vela that was in process, it's not quite done yet but I got a lot of requests to see it when it's finished so I'll try to keep up with it!!
Awesome, looking forward to seeing the final product! I think a lot of us here would like to know where some of these PSs are going. I think it would be a great option to offer dealers, to have their builds "tagged" in the PS Friday feed. That way, when somebody falls in love with a PS shown here on PSF, they don't have to scour the internet or call 20 dealerships to try and figure out where they might be able to purchase it. This of course would be for dealer orders only (not builds for individuals via dealers) and would likely allow them to move these treasures faster in some cases. If a dealer does not want their builds tagged, that is fine as well, but I think it would help them and make the consumers life easier as well. Just a thought ;~))

Thanks as usual for this weeks treasures ;~))

particularly excited to see this one later on in the process, it looks like its gonna be a stunner
View attachment 13020
So am I since that is my buddy's Private Stock (PS 11159). We made a trip into the Vault back in July to pick out wood kits for our builds & his is just further ahead of mine (lucky guy). The top really pops now with some color on it (can't wait to see it with clear & buff'd out). For reference, here is the kit back in the raw state.
0yIDoA6.jpg

Last edited:
So am I since that is my buddy's Private Stock. We made a trip into the Vault back in July to pick out wood kits for our builds & his is just further ahead of mine (lucky guy). The top really pops now with some color on it (can't wait to see it with clear & buff'd out). For reference, here is the kit back in the raw state.
0yIDoA6.jpg
I am going to suggest that you modify these posts to include the PS numbers for each of those builds (if you are comfortable with that)! I think it would be fun for us all to be able to identify them in the process if we in fact get any pix of these two builds!! These look like some killer axes in the making!!! Congrats to you and your friend ;~))

I am going to suggest that you modify these posts to include the PS numbers for each of those builds (if you are comfortable with that)! I think it would be fun for us all to be able to identify them in the process if we in fact get any pix of these two builds!! These look like some killer axes in the making!!! Congrats to you and your friend ;~))
Sure, I can do that = pretty simple actually as we have PS 11158 (mine) and 11159 (his).

Sure, I can do that = pretty simple actually as we have PS 11158 (mine) and 11159 (his).
That is awesome! I hope we get to see this builds here on PSF as they come through the line ;~)) I have a only one pic of my PS as it was in production. Just the neck alone in a rack of necks waiting to be mated with their bodies (but all numbered for match)! I had to go through and search for them in PSF as I did not order it and follow it through the process. Worth it though IMO as it is great to see it in it's building stages. I have suggested before and think PRS could make some money by offering PS builds a documentary walk through for your PS build. I know that when I am ready to get my next PS (that I will hopefully be built for me, not picked from a dealer stock), I would be happy to pay an extra few hundred dollars for pix and video content detailing different stages of production.

What is the color for your killer one piece quilt top on 11158?

What is the color for your killer one piece quilt top on 11158?
I spec'd it to be Faded Steel Blue with a micro smoked burst. I'm actually waiting for the build to get to the point where a color sample is sent my way for approval (I also have stained burl mini offset birds spec'd out), so it's extra hard seeing guitars from the same vault trip being finished / showing up in the wild and still waiting on this. But I get how it can go as this isn't my first spec'd out Private Stock, but it was my first in person vault trip.

I have suggested before and think PRS could make some money by offering PS builds a documentary walk through for your PS build. I know that when I am ready to get my next PS (that I will hopefully be built for me, not picked from a dealer stock), I would be happy to pay an extra few hundred dollars for pix and video content detailing different stages of production.
I would absolutely LOVE that!

Heck, I would pay some extra just for a build tracker to know where things are at.

Last edited:
Following @goof1073's lead and @Moondog Wily suggestion, I will park this right here as it will be a few months before we see this one flow through:
PS11471 (likely completion ~Oct/Nov 2024):
* Tremonti stoptail
* Subzero Glow Smoke burst
* Birds of a feather inlay (stained quilt maple with ebony)
53401204047_2470605023_z.jpg

"Fun" story, if even for only me. I was doing my vault visit with the Dealer and we were talking through finishes and I pulled up a few pictures of tops/colors I really liked, which I saved over time. When I showed him the one I was set on, a big grin broke out on his face. It was his personal PS build! When I say it is important to find the right Dealer/Partner on these PS builds, this is an example where I knew we were exactly on the same page :cool:

Following @goof1073's lead and @Moondog Wily suggestion, I will park this right here as it will be a few months before we see this one flow through:
PS11471 (likely completion ~Oct/Nov 2024):
* Tremonti stoptail
* Subzero Glow Smoke burst
* Birds of a feather inlay (stained quilt maple with ebony)
53401204047_2470605023_z.jpg

"Fun" story, if even for only me. I was doing my vault visit with the Dealer and we were talking through finishes and I pulled up a few pictures of tops/colors I really liked, which I saved over time. When I showed him the one I was set on, a big grin broke out on his face. It was his personal PS build! When I say it is important to find the right Dealer/Partner on these PS builds, this is an example where I knew we were exactly on the same page :cool:
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your specs/pix!! I think this will make PSF even more fun (is that possible?) to be able to watch specific builds come through!!! I just hope we are able to get some displays of each of these beauties (like we have with 11159) ;~))

happy friday once again to all you fine folks! Hoping we're all having a great week, and looking toward even better weekends (especially for all of you with the long weekend here in the US!)
PSF-1.jpg
PSF-2.jpg
PSF-3.jpg
PSF-4.jpg
PSF-5.jpg
PSF-6.jpg
PSF-7.jpg
PSF-8.jpg

Attachments

• PSF-10.jpg
    PSF-10.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 40