pra se ce satin

adelynn47

i am considering the se ce satin...any of you folks have one or play one and can tell me about it...not generally a prs fan...or humbuckers for that matter but i am gonna try again...thx

I'm coming off a 30 year love affair with strats and teles. I've bought 4 PRS SEs since October; my most recent is the SE CE Standard Satin. Currently it gets the most play; even though it needs a little 'work'.
My SE Custom has the same pickups, which I'm not real fond of...in that guitar. They definitely work for me in the SE CE Standard Satin. It's a very balanced with a lot of sustain and resonance.

I have the vintage cherry; I'm really considering another one in black. I like it that much.

I'm coming off a 30 year love affair with strats and teles. I've bought 4 PRS SEs since October; my most recent is the SE CE Standard Satin. Currently it gets the most play; even though it needs a little 'work'.
My SE Custom has the same pickups, which I'm not real fond of...in that guitar. They definitely work for me in the SE CE Standard Satin. It's a very balanced with a lot of sustain and resonance.

I have the vintage cherry; I'm really considering another one in black. I like it that much.
thx pal...good info

I went with the SE SAS for the 22 frets...same pups as the CE...thryre killer guitars....BUT the real steal is a used S2 standard ....I have 3 of em theyre absolutely stellar American guitars....the CE I owned briefly was fantastic per your inquiry but I'm a 22 fret guy...Daves in LA Crosse has some for 395...its a no Brainer OP...

When this model came out, i took it to various dealers and asked their sales personnel and guitar techs to give it a go.
All were very positively surprised with the quality for such a price.

So head over to a local music store and give it a go for yourself, a really versatile guitar!

I've played several. I wouldn't say it feels very PRS or what I generally think of as PRS in my mind. Its a no frills $500 entry guitar. Good to see PRS expanding its market reach and as good as any for you give PRS and humbuckers a go. The 8515S are what I consider pretty middle of the road humbuckers. They do most things well.

Give it a go. At the price its a no brainer, but be warned PRS are addictive and you may soon be a fan!

Daves is a good suggestion. Excellent shop. And I'd agree the s2 line is the real bargain and should be your next stop once hooked, if not your first with the s2 standard.

I bought mine with the intention of putting either 59/09 or \m/ pickups in it. After I bought it and played it for a few weeks, I actually sat on the \m/ pickups I finally bought for it for over a week. The stock pickups, in some amps, sound a bit flat - other's very articulate. But when I finally swapped them - OMG this guitar is all I play now. For the price, and with so many available options to then expand on with, it's phenomenal what a bargain they are.

Back