Pie

cwhenke

Carvin Striations
OK, so I just made a comment in another thread about peanut butter pie. I don't understand how my mind works, but immediately after posting, I wondered if that really is considered a pie. According to Wikipedia, a pie is a baked dish, so I guess I was wrong. If it's not a pie, then what it it? And, what about Mississippi Mud Pie...what's that? Or strawberry pie...or coconut cream pie...or french silk...or grasshopper...

Dang, I'm hungry now.

OK, so I just made a comment in another thread about peanut butter pie. I don't understand how my mind works, but immediately after posting, I wondered if that really is considered a pie. According to Wikipedia, a pie is a baked dish, so I guess I was wrong. If it's not a pie, then what it it? And, what about Mississippi Mud Pie...what's that? Or strawberry pie...or coconut cream pie...or french silk...or grasshopper...

Dang, I'm hungry now.

You are going to trust Wikipedia??? My mom is from the deep south, and makes fresh strawberry and peach pies that are not baked. If she says its a pie, its a pie!!!

You are going to trust Wikipedia??? My mom is from the deep south, and makes fresh strawberry and peach pies that are not baked. If she says its a pie, its a pie!!!

They can't put it on the Internet if it isn't true, right?

When it comes to pies, I have to mention two of my favorites.

1. - German Chocolate. My mom used to make it when I was a kid. Extra nuts, extra coconut please.

2. - The Hard Rocks used to have a dessert called Chocolate Chip Cookie pie that was excellent. (I haven't been in a Hard Rock since they closed the one in Austin several years ago, so I don't know if they still offer it or not.)

Goldtop Lloyd

Tag knows Pie!

Baked huh? Well then how's about some pizza pie followed by the obligatory warmed up pecan pie with a big fat scoop of vanilla ice cream on top?

.......With a big cup of hot coffee and extra whip cream. :eek:

I am calling Mom tomorrow!

strawberry-pie-lrg.jpg

Step away from the bong, Clayton. Your pizza should be there in 30 minutes or less.:D

My mom made a Pecan Pie last weekend. I had two slices. It was delicious.

Also, I'm from Virginia, we say Pee-Can. Other people say puh-cawn including members of my own family. We had a debate about it.

Back