Pickup Selection Suggestion

SgtDonnell

Hey guys, Im new here and wanted to get some input to help me find a good pup to swap on my new Custom 24 SE. Its the 2012 version so it came with "SE Vintage Bass and SE HFS" I was thinking of simply swapping them with the real Vintage Bass and HFS but has anyone heard them side by side with the SE verison? Is there really much of a difference? Im the singer in my band ( www.FightingGemini.com ) so I play mostly rhythm and on the neck pup. I only play lead in a few spots and I rarely go to the bridge pup so I will probably only swap the neck pup out. Ok. The sound I am looking for in the Neck position is a super warm but bright clean, and a tight (Not muddy) thick, bassy distortion. So what pickup would you suggest??? If it helps, I am playing on a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100. I appreciate the helps guys.

If hearing some of my music will help, visit www.FightingGemini.com

I love the DII for clean stuff in the neck position, they are not too popular either so finding a used one at a decent price is pretty easy. A bunch of people rave about Starla pups for clean stuff too so perhaps somebody will chime in.

They dont sound too bad at all. they are the SE versions of the VB and HFS. But i cant help wonder what the real ones sound like.

Back