Paul's Guitar SE Tuner replacements

Squid

Hello fellow PRS enthusiasts!

I have a Paul's SE Guitar as the title implies. The biggest issue is the cheap tuners.. I've seen some other discussions about swapping out the tuners without having to ream out holes/drill/fill new screw holes: Hipshots (which is a considerable option), Gotoh SD90 (which I'm leaning towards), and MannMade. Someone from a different forum had also mentioned that Grover mini-locking rotomatics are a direct fit, but from checking them out and without photo evidence I'm not very convinced.

What I'm curious to know is if the tuners on Meyer's Silver Sky would fit as a replacement. They both seem to have the Kluson style, but I haven't managed to find any specs on the the SS tuners or where I would even be able to purchase them.

I apologize I don't know the hole diameter of Paul's SE.

Thanks everyone!

Get a John Mann locking tuner upgrade or get a Hipshot tuners. Both will be a direct replacement. No drilling or ream needed.
Hi, which Hipshot tuners are a direct replacement?
I have Hipshot tuners all my SE's with the exception of the new Hollowbody Standard FRB. I decided to try GFS E70 and they work great, direct fit. On my ZM I had to do some drilling out the hole to get the HS to fit, it seems that way with the vintage tuners. What model HS?

Last edited:
The Hipshots open neck didn't fit my SE Paul's and didn't feeling having to ream. All in all, the stock tuners have proved to be very stable and consistent with the 10's I switched to.

Zach Myers Locking tuner replacement - cuation

see link above as I’m certain the footprints for the Zach Myers, Paul’s guitar and McCarty are the same. The only variable is the width of the peg hole in the McCarty series. Regardless I think Kluson Revolution series (non collared) are superb. And I do not believe the silver sky is compatible. I think the screw holes do not align.

Hello fellow PRS enthusiasts!

I have a Paul's SE Guitar as the title implies. The biggest issue is the cheap tuners.. I've seen some other discussions about swapping out the tuners without having to ream out holes/drill/fill new screw holes: Hipshots (which is a considerable option), Gotoh SD90 (which I'm leaning towards), and MannMade. Someone from a different forum had also mentioned that Grover mini-locking rotomatics are a direct fit, but from checking them out and without photo evidence I'm not very convinced.

What I'm curious to know is if the tuners on Meyer's Silver Sky would fit as a replacement. They both seem to have the Kluson style, but I haven't managed to find any specs on the the SS tuners or where I would even be able to purchase them.

I apologize I don't know the hole diameter of Paul's SE.

Thanks everyone!

I have the Gotoh's on mine. They are an upgrade but the originals were not really bad. Mine are bone so I got bone pickup rings to match. They are PRS universal models. The Core parts don't transfer to the SE.

Last edited:
Back