P22 electronics: active/passive?

juka

Pioneer Of The SCF
Who knows about the details of the P22 electronics and can educate me?

As far as I know the Piezo goes into an active preamp (thats what the battery is for, right?) and so the output signal should be low impedance or "active".
But then how is the mixing with the passive/magnetic pickups of the guitar done? Does their signal go through the active preamp, too, and is turned into low-impedance? Does the preamp influence the sound of the magnetic pickups and do they still work if the battery is dead?

actually most acoustic pickups even with preamp are Hi-Imp out put. Taylor was one of the FEW makers that had their own pick up that had a balanced Low Imp out put from guitar. My P22 I still have to run through a DI box before board, It will also run straight to an acoustic amp also. Being the piezo and preamp are all designed by LRBaggs I would say it is Hi-Imp as that is what all of their products are.

What Leeasam said. I have an Ibanez S2120x with similar L.R.Baggs piezo preamp and saddles llike PRS and two separete outputs. A D.I. box or an acustic amp is best used with this system.

Back