Output jack on SE Custom 24-08

Cato

Ran into a weird problem with my output jack on my new SE custom 24-08.

When I use my wireless transmitter with the SE it will cut out briefly, make static interference noise, and popping sounds. With a regular guitar cable connected its fine.

The wireless works just fine in my S2 McCarty and in my Strat and Godin, just not in the SE.

I'm guessing that the SE output jack is manufactured overseas and there must be a slight difference.

I wrote customer service about it, so I'll just have to wait to see what they say.

I do want to be able to use the wireless transmitter with my guitar. Hate tripping on cables.

Ran into a weird problem with my output jack on my new SE custom 24-08.

When I use my wireless transmitter with the SE it will cut out briefly, make static interference noise, and popping sounds. With a regular guitar cable connected its fine.

The wireless works just fine in my S2 McCarty and in my Strat and Godin, just not in the SE.

I'm guessing that the SE output jack is manufactured overseas and there must be a slight difference.

I wrote customer service about it, so I'll just have to wait to see what they say.

I do want to be able to use the wireless transmitter with my guitar. Hate tripping on cables.
You didn’t say what wireless system it was.

I use the Boss WL-50 and several of my PRS, including a Wood Library, had an issue with keeping the little on button depressed that needs to push against the jack ring.

My solution was to either use the nuts/washers to change jack depth or to slightly bend the springy contact of the jack so that the plug went deeper.

You didn’t say what wireless system it was.

I use the Boss WL-50 and several of my PRS, including a Wood Library, had an issue with keeping the little on button depressed that needs to push against the jack ring.

My solution was to either use the nuts/washers to change jack depth or to slightly bend the springy contact of the jack so that the plug went deeper.
Thanks for the reply.

I use a Donner wireless. Looking at the jack I don't really see much that can be done to adjust it. I'm wondering if I just need an American made jack, but will get my guiyptar tech to look at it.

I have issue with the wireless transmitter for the Boss Waza Air Headphones and my Silver Sky. The newly designed PRS jack bracket is too narrow to fully insert the transmitter. Fits fine in my Strat. I am using a 90 degree adapter to use the headphones with the SS, which places it at a weird angle, but it works.

In some of the imported 1/4” jacks and plugs, they aren’t exactly the same size as the USA built ones because of the metric vs. English conversion…. They should be, but they’re not…….

Thanks for the reply.

I use a Donner wireless. Looking at the jack I don't really see much that can be done to adjust it. I'm wondering if I just need an American made jack, but will get my guiyptar tech to look at it.
Bring the wireless to the tech so that they can adjust based on that. I was able to adjust an SE jack also.

Back