Ok.....who is responsible for this???

That guitar could use a touch of actual fire. Maybe a lot of fire.

Seen this as well today, it says it is a "recycled skateboard guitar"...
Here's the original post.

I actually understand wanting a guitar that stands out with its looks, I should applaud rather than make fun. Yay for nonconformism!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case guitar player...while I can't say I'd opt for this finish(I'd hang it on my wall though :)), kudos for the owner making it their own!

I'd like more details on how they were able to achieve this finish!

I'd like more details on how they were able to achieve this finish!
I don't think it's a finish at all:
This body for electric guitar can be made on custom request. Body of guitar is made of basswood and then covered with thin recycled skateboard pieces.
il_570xN.1032182784_5yjw.jpg

Apart from the Strat body, they've also made a complete Strat. So I don't think there's anything PRS on the "PRS" ;)

EDIT: Here's something "in progress".
Another EDIT: What's inside of the "PRS" body and the neck

Last edited:
I won't knock it. Sure, it's a bit out there....but somebody created it and I have to give the artist credit for creating something they may think is beautiful and are likely pretty proud of.

It's not my taste, but I have to respect the creativity and passion the artist has in not only guitars, but probably skateboarding, as well - being that the guitars are built from recycled skateboards.

I'm curious how / if the guitar plays. With as much glue as I'd assume went into creating this, I would think this is more of a "show piece" rather than an actual instrument.

Still cool, though.

Back