Oct 31, 2019...

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
... will mark 15 months and 3 days since placing my order for a Special 22 Limited Edition semi-hollow with Artist Package in Fire Red Burst from @MooreGuitars ... Let me just say it's pure T Hell watching all these Wood Library, etc. Special 22's come off the assembly line and into the hands of dealers and owners. LoL!

Can't wait for my Crak 22 to be delivered into my guitar addict arms... o_O:eek::confused::cool::D

"... You're killing me, Smalls..."

I mean, it is “special”, says so right in the name. :rolleyes:

For real, I’d have lost my mind awhile ago. You’re impressively patient.

Last edited:
The ball will eventually roll your way. Sometimes, you're called on to make a choice that you have no idea what the question is. That's why it's important to let others do their job and be patient until what you want to know is revealed to you, so you can answer the question others had been calling on you for.

Like the eternal question: Are we there yet?

The ball will eventually roll your way. Sometimes, you're called on to make a choice that you have no idea what the question is. That's why it's important to let others do their job and be patient until what you want to know is revealed to you, so you can answer the question others had been calling on you for.

Like the eternal question: Are we there yet?

LoL! I wish I would have known the answer to the question later would be "...yeah, we're gonna pump out a bunch of Wood Library ones
with rosewood necks and killer quilt tops, so if you'd rather have that, don't pre-order..." versus "pre-order now... limited time only..."

Oh well... thanks for giving me some cheese to go with my whine.... LoL!

LoL! I wish I would have known the answer to the question later would be "...yeah, we're gonna pump out a bunch of Wood Library ones with rosewood necks and killer quilt tops, so if you'd rather have that, don't pre-order..." versus "pre-order now... limited time only..."

Oh well... thanks for giving me some cheese to go with my whine.... LoL!

To be truthful, I didn't think of it as much as a complaint as much it was a matter of feeling impatient. You've waited over 15 months, and you're likely thinking, "when is it my turn?"

Those are honest feelings, and I dare say many of us would also feel the same way. Both God & time reveal all things to us progressively, so as the puzzle pieces fall together into a clearer picture, just enjoy your life and be content that your patience will be rewarded...

I know we all would like to receive a reward for what we've put good time and effort into, yet sometimes we'd like things to arrive sooner than later...let it be known that a slow-moving tortoise who walked at his own pace won the race over the "speedy hare."

While the "hare" was napping, the tortoise finished and received the reward the hare had tried to win when he sprinted at the beginning, and had nothing left by the end of the race.

Lesson: Learn to live life at your own pace, and things will be revealed to you in due time.

To be truthful, I didn't think of it as much as a complaint as much it was a matter of feeling impatient. You've waited over 15 months, and you're likely thinking, "when is it my turn?"

Those are honest feelings, and I dare say many of us would also feel the same way. Both God & time reveal all things to us progressively, so as the puzzle pieces fall together into a clearer picture, just enjoy your life and be content that your patience will be rewarded...

I know we all would like to receive a reward for what we've put good time and effort into, yet sometimes we'd like things to arrive sooner than later...let it be known that a slow-moving tortoise who walked at his own pace won the race over the "speedy hare."

While the "hare" was napping, the tortoise finished and received the reward the hare had tried to win when he sprinted at the beginning, and had nothing left by the end of the race.

Lesson: Learn to live life at your own pace, and things will be revealed to you in due time.

Not like I'm suffering... After all, I've got plenty of guitars, Helix, Kemper Stage, and Axe FX III, and Cliff is turning
out new firmware with some bodacious features every week! Been spending my wait time tweaking my live
stage tones!

Not like I'm suffering... After all, I've got plenty of guitars, Helix, Kemper Stage, and Axe FX III, and Cliff is turning out new firmware with some bodacious features every week! Been spending my wait time tweaking my live stage tones!

At least you're keeping busy with firmware updates. Best wishes, and hopefully, the "patience" will pay off soon.

(Had been spending time sweeping the leaves off my front porch while trees do their thing this season...amongst other projects...today, need to visit the hardware store for a replacement flashlight LED bulb a fellow apartment dweller asked me to try to repair for him...)

Last edited:
I feel for you, @Glide-bpm . As mentioned in a different thread, I have had a "limited availability" guitar (SC594SH) on order for over 14 months now, and the latest word is that it will be "born" mid-next month.

I pre-ordered when I thought it would be less than a year - because that was the original timeframe. And I wanted to get that model in the color I selected. It looks like it hasn't been nearly the success the SSH has been, so my concerns about limited availability turned out to be somewhat accurate, although used versions are now popping up.

If there truly was a single-file line of orders (first in, first out) then I suspect "my" guitar would have been built several months ago. And I get it that PRS would want to prioritize certain orders in certain conditions. It just seems like anything in the slightest bit more interesting comes along and I get bumped another month or two - my non-10-top nothing-special stain color order just isn't dinging the priority bell.

And like you, I have plenty of other guitars to play. It isn't the overall wait, it is the drawing out via delay after delay.

So hopefully I will have a NGD before the final month of the year hits...

I feel for you, @Glide-bpm . As mentioned in a different thread, I have had a "limited availability" guitar (SC594SH) on order for over 14 months now, and the latest word is that it will be "born" mid-next month.

I pre-ordered when I thought it would be less than a year - because that was the original timeframe. And I wanted to get that model in the color I selected. It looks like it hasn't been nearly the success the SSH has been, so my concerns about limited availability turned out to be somewhat accurate, although used versions are now popping up.

If there truly was a single-file line of orders (first in, first out) then I suspect "my" guitar would have been built several months ago. And I get it that PRS would want to prioritize certain orders in certain conditions. It just seems like anything in the slightest bit more interesting comes along and I get bumped another month or two - my non-10-top nothing-special stain color order just isn't dinging the priority bell.

And like you, I have plenty of other guitars to play. It isn't the overall wait, it is the drawing out via delay after delay.

So hopefully I will have a NGD before the final month of the year hits...

I feel your pain, brother!

Yeah, I still get the feeling that some of these ordered guitars were pushed behind other stuff as well just like you. There's been an awful lot of Special 22's that showed up miraculously to dealers in the last couple months.

... And I paid more for an Artist package one than the Wood Library 10 tops with Brazilian Rosewood necks... Some with very nice quilt tops which were not available for the pre-order. Kinda sucks azz!

Not like I'm suffering... After all, I've got plenty of guitars, Helix, Kemper Stage, and Axe FX III, and Cliff is turning out new firmware with some bodacious features every week! Been spending my wait time tweaking my live stage tones!

The gestation period between ordering and delivery is no different than feeling like an expectant father. You'll need to deal with morning sickness (anxiety and GAS), mood swings (coulda, woulda, shoulda, some flip-flopping opinions), emotional and physical setbacks (the heartbreak of psoriasis and hair loss) until the stork arrives. Or so they say. o_O:rolleyes::)

Back