NPD: Wampler Gearbox

I love two sided OD pedals like that. It is good that I didn't see that one when I was buying OD pedals the last couple of months. I ended up buying a DryBell The Engine pedal based on a recommendation on this forum and it is really nice. I love the type of breakup it delivers. This one looks nice too and they put the one feature on it that may manufacturers miss, the switch to swap the order internally of which one feeds into the other.

That sounds terrific! Nice looking pedal, too.

I don't usually need noise gates, but it seems that one's very well integrated. Nice work, Wampler!

The layout with the loop insert/individual outputs is similar to the Pettyjohn Pettydrive 2, and it's a wonderful feature as well.

Thanks a lot @phillybri ! Now the Gearbox as well as the Pantheon Deluxe are both on my radar... I didn't need that. :)

I really like the options in the Pantheon Deluxe. You can run soft clipping, hard clipping or both on each side of the pedal. This thing is a swiss army knife of tone.

I like the options in the Gearbox too.

Thanks a lot @phillybri ! Now the Gearbox as well as the Pantheon Deluxe are both on my radar... I didn't need that. :)

I really like the options in the Pantheon Deluxe. You can run soft clipping, hard clipping or both on each side of the pedal. This thing is a swiss army knife of tone.

I like the options in the Gearbox too.
I'm amazed at how much difference the switch makes on the Gearbox. 1 into 2 vs. 2 into 1 is a HUGE sonic change!

I'm amazed at how much difference the switch makes on the Gearbox. 1 into 2 vs. 2 into 1 is a HUGE sonic change!
Let me return the favor... Look at the Pantheon Deluxe. That has even more options on it. It doesn't have the gate but man, all of those other options make it potentially the most versatile drive pedal I have ever seen.

How great is it?! I played my first gig with it last night, and it was perfect all night…
I won't get it for a couple of days.

I was reluctant to buy it as I don't really like OD pedals. Out of all the pedals I have my wampler pinnacle deluxe is the one I get along with the most.

The audio clip in this thread sounded good........I caved!

I won't get it for a couple of days.

I was reluctant to buy it as I don't really like OD pedals. Out of all the pedals I have my wampler pinnacle deluxe is the one I get along with the most.

The audio clip in this thread sounded good........I caved!
You won’t be disappointed

I watched a lot of videos on the Gearbox and the Pantheon Deluxe. I think I have talked myself out of both.

I think the Gearbox is going to be too gainy for me. I saw some comments that some thought that as well.

I saw many people saying the Pantheon was very bright and most videos I watched had the treble and bass dialed way back and the presence all the way off.

I had a Euphoria years ago and never got along with that pedal at all and traded it in on a Dude and like that way better. That was my only real exposure to Wampler pedals so I am a little gun shy.

I did get my gearbox Friday but I've only had 10 minutes to plug it in.

Needed to make sure it works, which it does.

My problem with OD pedals is they rarely sound like a tube amp does.

Always seem somewhat harsh or maybe not soft????? Not sure how to describe it.

Initial thoughts were good. Kind of excited to work with it.

I've spent some time getting to know this gearbox pedal and at first it was just ok.

Like my wampler pinnacle deluxe pedal it sounds really good with gain turned up to 75% and guitar volume at 50% or so through my marshall class 5 combo.

I'm going to try and create some tracks with it set up this way this afternoon.

I've spent some time getting to know this gearbox pedal and at first it was just ok.

Like my wampler pinnacle deluxe pedal it sounds really good with gain turned up to 75% and guitar volume at 50% or so through my marshall class 5 combo.

I'm going to try and create some tracks with it set up this way this afternoon.
I am wondering how the pedals you mentioned stack up with the Pantheon Deluxe. That is the one that got my attention the most from Wampler.

I am wondering how the pedals you mentioned stack up with the Pantheon Deluxe. That is the one that got my attention the most from Wampler.
Not sure. The pinnacle deluxe is a very simular pedal to the gearbox but the GB is more useful to me.

I like being able to adjust levels on both channels. The PD has an OD boost but not any adjustments for that.

This GB reminds me of the Pettyjohn V2 as far as features go but I never really bonded with the Pettyjohn pedal. I should just move it.

Back