Non standard SE pickup config ?

thiswayup

Hello, Could anyone please confirm that the pickup config on my SE is non standard? Seen lots of similar guitars but always with alternate pickups. It's Korean,Made in about 2010. many thanks.:)

Usually they are Zebra squabbins or all black. Have you taken the pickups out and looked at the back of them?

Assuming the guitar you are referring to is the one in your avatar.

No, The guitar sounds great so I have never wanted to touch it. When I bought it ( Used ) there was no mention of any mods and I was largely unfamiliar with the model and thought no more of it untill I noticed other similar guitars with a more conventional config.

I owned that guitar...I have never seen the pickups alternating. Mine were all black with the white trim rings. That is the 25th anniversary SE custom 24...at least it looks like it.

I owned that guitar...I have never seen the pickups alternating. Mine were all black with the white trim rings. That is the 25th anniversary SE custom 24...at least it looks like it.
Thank you so much. That all makes sense.:)

I agree atleast one of the pickups have been swapped. I've never seen an se with mixed pickups, all black and zebra. The only guitar I can think of that PRS does that is the core Tremonti, covered and squabbin.

Back