NGD: Wood Library SC 594

ADD

I went to my local shop to pick up a small thing and came back with a Wood Library PRS SC 594……I wasn’t a fan of the PRS SC models but after talking to the rep., I was convinced to give it a shot and……pretty taken back by this model. BRAZ board, 58/15 Low Turn + pickups, and all the new spec’s .

I did a clean clip (no editing and a bit sloppy) and what stands out for me is the acoustic tonality of the split coils. The split coil bridge pup at the beginning of the clip sounds like a banjo(?). It has a very sweet clean tone and with the split coil options, many tones in this instrument and makes it a very versatile guitar. In the clean clip, I do slam the bridge pup at the end with bit of overdrive.

The pickups are low output and not sure what the “+” means other than they are tweaked to match the SC body.

PRS continues to impress me with their newer models.

After owning many PRS’. I don’t think that I’ve been this blown away by a model.

I can’t read the truss rod cover but that sure looks like a Joe Walsh 594.

Reactions: ADD
Congrats! Looking and sounding great! Loved the Entangled interlude.

Reactions: ADD
Thanks. There isn’t an intentional Rush riff played - which riff?
I watched your clip again and realised that the riff is very reminicent to an old Rush song which I can't remember the name of.
Thanks. There isn’t an intentional Rush riff played - which riff?
Watched the clip again it's definitly not Rush but the arpeggioi very similar to an old song og their's which I can't recall it's name.

I watched your clip again and realised that the riff is very reminicent to an old Rush song which I can't remember the name of.

Watched the clip again it's definitly not Rush but the arpeggioi very similar to an old song og their's which I can't recall it's name.
If the intro of the clip, “Goldilox” by King’s X.

Back