NGD - What's In the #$@%ing Box?

Draconomics

Fearless Papa of The Brethren of the Crust
Here we go, one last new axe for 2021, and not a bad way to end the year. So, In early december I was gearing up to buy one of the new ZM models, since they roll thru Dave's Guitar Shop for under $600, good deal. However, while browsing through reverb, this came up...

So at first I thought it was a Japanese market SE, typically you see some very different SE's over there, different colors, headstock veneers, that sort of thing. Turns out its a limited run that come out around 2017/2018. Finding info on these is hard. The best I got is the PRS Europe site. According to them, 144 total were made in four colors. It seems there were some released here as well as I guess an exclusive to specific stores. The cat I got this from said he purchased from American Music Exchange. From what I gather, maybe 600 were made to sell here.

There ya go. John Doe had this in the box the whole time. So, we got some things to do to it. The tuners are what I guess are Mannmade SE altered things, which I really love. I might use these for future guitars, though I do like my Gotoh mag locks. She'll get a new nut, new Mannmade saddles, brass trem block, and definitely new pickups. I don't know what it has, haven't done a teardown yet, but they sound a little mushy to me. It's a great player, one of the best built SEs I've ever seen. That's all she wrote, see ya next year!

Here we go, one last new axe for 2021, and not a bad way to end the year. So, In early december I was gearing up to buy one of the new ZM models, since they roll thru Dave's Guitar Shop for under $600, good deal. However, while browsing through reverb, this came up...

So at first I thought it was a Japanese market SE, typically you see some very different SE's over there, different colors, headstock veneers, that sort of thing. Turns out its a limited run that come out around 2017/2018. Finding info on these is hard. The best I got is the PRS Europe site. According to them, 144 total were made in four colors. It seems there were some released here as well as I guess an exclusive to specific stores. The cat I got this from said he purchased from American Music Exchange. From what I gather, maybe 600 were made to sell here.

There ya go. John Doe had this in the box the whole time. So, we got some things to do to it. The tuners are what I guess are Mannmade SE altered things, which I really love. I might use these for future guitars, though I do like my Gotoh mag locks. She'll get a new nut, new Mannmade saddles, brass trem block, and definitely new pickups. I don't know what it has, haven't done a teardown yet, but they sound a little mushy to me. It's a great player, one of the best built SEs I've ever seen. That's all she wrote, see ya next year!
Already good lookin' but dress her up!

Sweet! Lately I'm really loving the blue PRS's with natural-finished backs--as opposed to the older-school black-backed blue PRS's (like the ol' classic Whale Blue). Granted, I do have 2 blue ones with black backs & necks, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate (want!) the natural-backed ones too.

Back