NGD Tremonti Custom SE

Michael B

Took a day trip Saturday to Northeast Music to see Jack and his new store and to check out the new Temonti custom SE. Jack's new store is sweet!!! Nice inventory of PRS!! The perk was jack had 4 of the Tremonti's in stock so it was nice to have a choice and Jack was very accommodating!! Let me check out all 4 and pick the one I liked and he also took VERY good care of me!! Thank you again Jack!! Here's a couple pics..

2012-12-16_09-51-34_657.jpg

looks good next to my USA Tremonti!!!

Very nice!

I played the heck out of mine this weekend.
My youngest son came over yesterday to get the Guitar program he put on my computer awhile back going, and he played the Tremonti when it was hooked up to my computer and liked it a lot.

He has a 2012 SE Semi-Hollow at his home.

Sweet Cory!!! Your thread and pics of yours helped push me to get one!!!! And......I havn't done any mods yet except a cleaning and thru some 10's on her....WOW these guitars are badass!! Amazed at how nice it is!!! The maple neck is fast!!!

Sweet Cory!!! Your thread and pics of yours helped push me to get one!!!! And......I havn't done any mods yet except a cleaning and thru some 10's on her....WOW these guitars are badass!! Amazed at how nice it is!!! The maple neck is fast!!!
How do you like the 10s?
I have not tired 10s since around 1973.
I went right back to Super Slinky 9 - 42 after trying the regular Slinkys for a month.

Oh, could not remember the name of that program my youngest son had put on my PC awhile back, but it is this one.
http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/home/index.aspx

He likes it, it has taught him some cool stuff so far.

I do like the neck on this, same as the SE Custom 24.
It just feels right, probably why I like my new '61 SG Reissue over my old '73 Gibson Les Paul I had back in the day which had a fatter neck.
The SG neck is the slim 60's taper, pretty much like the SE wide/thin necks we have on ours.

Glad you are liking it!

How does it feel quality/tone/playability wise to your Maryland one?

2012-12-16_09-51-34_657.jpg

looks good next to my USA Tremonti!!!

These new Tremonti's are very nice! Wait, which one is the SE....:biggrin:
That's what I was thinking!! They look so similar. I know the differences but if you were to show this pic to someone not so familiar with PRS, they'd be hard pressed to tell you which is the Korean guitar and which is the USA.

How do you like the 10s?
I have not tired 10s since around 1973.
I went right back to Super Slinky 9 - 42 after trying the regular Slinkys for a month.

Oh, could not remember the name of that program my youngest son had put on my PC awhile back, but it is this one.
http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/home/index.aspx

He likes it, it has taught him some cool stuff so far.

I do like the neck on this, same as the SE Custom 24.
It just feels right, probably why I like my new '61 SG Reissue over my old '73 Gibson Les Paul I had back in the day which had a fatter neck.
The SG neck is the slim 60's taper, pretty much like the SE wide/thin necks we have on ours.

Glad you are liking it!

How does it feel quality/tone/playability wise to your Maryland one?

Myself, I prefer the feel and tone of 10's...after some intonation the guitar plays sweet!! Took the trem bar off till I change the tuners and the nut. Will definitely throw a Tremonti treble in the bridge and change the pots and knobs. It plays very similar to the USA model. I think its as close as you can get, we will see after my mods are complete!

Back