NGD - Traded for a P22

RC Mike

I started seeing a 2012 P22 listed on the local CL about a month ago. Purple Hazel finish, 53/10 pickups, and a stoptail. Pattern Regular neck, with gold hardware. That pretty much checked all the boxes for me, and I’ve been gravitating towards the Custom 22/McCarty designs for a while now.

I didn’t want to spend any cash for it, though. I’d been feeling like I should move my SC594 on for a while. I wasn’t playing it much. Each time I picked it up, it felt like a fine guitar but not necessarily my guitar. So I dropped the fellow with the P22 a line and offered up the 594.

I went over to his place on Monday. Awesome guy! He’s a PRS fan, too. (He pulled out a McCarty Narrowfield he’d recently gotten.) Felt like we could have chatted all afternoon. He felt about the P22 like I felt about the 594. An SC 245 is one of his favorites, so the SC 594 was something he wanted to try. We each felt pretty good about the trade, so we called it even. I suspect we’ll be talking/playing more in the future. Finding a new friend with some of the same interests is fun!

Anyways, the P22 and I are just getting to know each other. So far I’m learning that the 53/10s are a bit different than most of my PRS pickups. More twangy. They work better with some types of amps than others, which is something I haven’t experienced much of before. That’s going to make getting to know them more interesting, I think. I’ve only got about an hour into it so far, but I think it’ll be a keeper.

FTayde6.jpeg

c91Dvwp.jpeg

Ni0dI2X.jpeg

Congratulations. Gorgious guitar.

And that is why I love dealing with PRS enthousiasts. My last acquisition (McC smokeburst) was from a fellow traveller who bought a DGT PS and had the spare McC that did not get enough love. We had a very pleasant chat and exchange of stories.

I started seeing a 2012 P22 listed on the local CL about a month ago. Purple Hazel finish, 53/10 pickups, and a stoptail. Pattern Regular neck, with gold hardware. That pretty much checked all the boxes for me, and I’ve been gravitating towards the Custom 22/McCarty designs for a while now.

I didn’t want to spend any cash for it, though. I’d been feeling like I should move my SC594 on for a while. I wasn’t playing it much. Each time I picked it up, it felt like a fine guitar but not necessarily my guitar. So I dropped the fellow with the P22 a line and offered up the 594.

I went over to his place on Monday. Awesome guy! He’s a PRS fan, too. (He pulled out a McCarty Narrowfield he’d recently gotten.) Felt like we could have chatted all afternoon. He felt about the P22 like I felt about the 594. An SC 245 is one of his favorites, so the SC 594 was something he wanted to try. We each felt pretty good about the trade, so we called it even. I suspect we’ll be talking/playing more in the future. Finding a new friend with some of the same interests is fun!

Anyways, the P22 and I are just getting to know each other. So far I’m learning that the 53/10s are a bit different than most of my PRS pickups. More twangy. They work better with some types of amps than others, which is something I haven’t experienced much of before. That’s going to make getting to know them more interesting, I think. I’ve only got about an hour into it so far, but I think it’ll be a keeper.

FTayde6.jpeg

c91Dvwp.jpeg

Ni0dI2X.jpeg
Nice

Back