NGD -Spruce!!

So this HB Spruce was $2200. I was thinking that was not a bad price considering the condition and how hard they are to find. The guy gave me the receipt from when he bought it (used) from SF Guitar Center in 2013 for $2400. Do you guys think that was a decent price? These guitars are hard to find, and I know some people here on the forum really like them (as I do) but they're a 'specialized appeal' guitar; much harder to sell than, say a CU24. This one sat on CL for a solid week, and the guy said I was the only one seriously interested, outside of a couple of ridiculously lowball offers.

So this HB Spruce was $2200. I was thinking that was not a bad price considering the condition and how hard they are to find. The guy gave me the receipt from when he bought it (used) from SF Guitar Center in 2013 for $2400. Do you guys think that was a decent price? These guitars are hard to find, and I know some people here on the forum really like them (as I do) but they're a 'specialized appeal' guitar; much harder to sell than, say a CU24. This one sat on CL for a solid week, and the guy said I was the only one seriously interested, outside of a couple of ridiculously lowball offers.
The is the ONLY time that I’m thinking I’m on the wrong coast.:p:D

Selling anything on a local format site like CL limits your exposure to the wider audiences that Reverb or EBay reaches, so a less “mainstream” guitar such as a Hollowbody might take a tad longer to find the right buyer. I wouldn’t be concerned by that at all. It’s a great guitar.

Back