NGD - SE Fredrik Akesson!

andy474x

Knows the Drill
Added another beast to the herd today! Picked up a nice SE Fredrik Akesson from my local shop. I was in last week and saw it on the wall, and was pretty surprised. I had never given this model much thought before, but she was a real shocker in person, plus I've been jonesing for an LP style guitar for a while now. Fast forward a week, there's a sale going on so I stopped by with my lady friend. She immediately homed in on the Fredrik and told me how nice it looked, AND it was on sale with a pretty deep discount - jeez, trouble isn't brewing, it's already been bottled, opened, and served up in a frosty mug. Sure enough, I played it for a while and was sold. The addition of an ebony board, dark abalone birds, TonePros adjustable bridge WITH locking studs, and a killer quilt top made it a heck of a deal compared to the stock SE 245. Plus, for some reason it already had black speed knobs, instead of the silver color vintage ones, which I didn't care for very much. After a little TLC at home (new strings, truss rod and bridge adjustment), I'm really loving this axe so far. It definitely has a deep growl that my Customs don't have, and the sustain is fantastic. And the look is just different enough from my other SE's, a bit more of a dark, "quiet" beauty. So I'm thinking a few more people and we can give the Bernie club a run for their money! :)

7968781152_b07bf2736e_z.jpg

7968779152_dfd2db34f4_z.jpg

7969004982_566819c942_z.jpg

looks nice - I pulled the trigger on one yesterday - cannot wait for it to show up!

Back