S2 bliss

Gunslinger 613

Greetings everyone
I just bought a used S2and she is a monster. I think it is a 2013 blue crab burst and was wondering if they came with covered pick ups?

Also after playing my Fredrik Akesson se I have gotten use to the lack of gloss on the neck and was planning on masking up the neck and use #0000 steel wool or wet sand with 2500 grit Or is that a bad idea?

Besides rhe sticky neck everything else is perfect!
Any info on these or things to look out for on them I should know?

I'm a big advocate of the s2 OP...im up to 5 and had 6 at one time....if they're replacement pups it might be an upgrade so good luck and enjoy it!!

WHz299K.jpg

I'm a big advocate of the s2 OP...im up to 5 and had 6 at one time....if they're replacement pups it might be an upgrade so good luck and enjoy it!!
Thanks, I have became a fan for sure. It has been sitting around collecting dust and grim so friday nighth I am doing a cleaning and new strings, so I'll pop out the pickups and see if they are labeled

Some of the S2's from 2013 had the #7 pickups, which were covered. I want to say it was the Singlecut and the Custom 22 at that time?

The Akesson is an absolute killer, so if you're liking the S2 as much, it must be a monster too! Happy NGD!

Some of the S2's from 2013 had the #7 pickups, which were covered. I want to say it was the Singlecut and the Custom 22 at that time?

The Akesson is an absolute killer, so if you're liking the S2 as much, it must be a monster too! Happy NGD!
Yes Akesson is a beast for sure. I was after a Akerfeldt but for what they are selling for i was able to get the S2. So I'll have to get the Akerfeldt another time.

If they are it would be a sticker on the bottom of the baseplate. If there isn’t a sticker, but they’re labeled G&B, and they’re covered pickups, they’re probably the stock #7’s.

Back