NGD - PRS SE HOLLOWBODY STANDARD

There's a bunch of stuff on here if you're willing to suffer through the site's obtuse and frustrating search feature, but yeah I have one and it's an awesome instrument that punches way above it's weight. The combination of the all-mahogany laminate body and the 58/15S pickups is one of those magic synergies that creates something greater than the sum of it's parts. It's got it's own voice.

I also have a Hollowbody Spruce, and, while that guitar is certainly a 'nicer' guitar, it's not really a 'better' guitar in terms of playability and sound. They don't sound anything alike; but the SE HB Standard isn't lesser-sounding, it's just different.

One thing is mine did have a bit of neck dive when I got it. I switched out the metal tuner buttons for black plastic ones which helped a lot. They're PRS buttons and matte finished, so from six inches away they could be ebony. They look great.
Is it hollow enough to get Benson /Norman Brown type cleans on Neck PU - on demos it really does not sound like a budget guitar - they overshot their mark [ shhhh ] lol.
I like what you said in this mini description .

Is it hollow enough to get Benson /Norman Brown type cleans on Neck PU - on demos it really does not sound like a budget guitar - they overshot their mark [ shhhh ] lol.
I like what you said in this mini description .
You'd have to try it with flatwounds, which I haven't done, but with flats I have a hunch you could get those tones.

You'd have to try it with flatwounds, which I haven't done, but with flats I have a hunch you could get those tones.
Thanks . I use dark 11s like Elixir ..
And then if I get one of the PRS Pickups that split into single coil ' fatter' I could use a tiny bit of gain for that sound also ... I might try flats if I get that guitar ...

Back