NGD - PRS SE HOLLOWBODY STANDARD

Hello all,

Just ordered a PRS SE HOLLOWBODY STANDARD in Fire Red......

can't wait to recieve it....

Any Thought on the guitar?

does anyone own one?

Experiences with it?

thank you all

Roy
Congratulations! I don't have a HB Standard, but do have a couple of HB II's, which are very similar. I love them! Enjoy, and welcome to the forum

There's a bunch of stuff on here if you're willing to suffer through the site's obtuse and frustrating search feature, but yeah I have one and it's an awesome instrument that punches way above it's weight. The combination of the all-mahogany laminate body and the 58/15S pickups is one of those magic synergies that creates something greater than the sum of it's parts. It's got it's own voice.

I also have a Hollowbody Spruce, and, while that guitar is certainly a 'nicer' guitar, it's not really a 'better' guitar in terms of playability and sound. They don't sound anything alike; but the SE HB Standard isn't lesser-sounding, it's just different.

One thing is mine did have a bit of neck dive when I got it. I switched out the metal tuner buttons for black plastic ones which helped a lot. They're PRS buttons and matte finished, so from six inches away they could be ebony. They look great.

Excellent
I can’t wait to start playing with mine when it arrives….
Any idea how many inches is the lower bout?

All the SE Hollowbodies are booutiful ! :confused:

And great guitars ... Good thing they come with their own cases. I was going crazy trying to find a case for my newest acquisition (a non PRS Fender Mustang Player 90 ) which being short scale is hard to find a hard case for. ..

But I figured it would be smaller than my PRS SE CU24's ... Maybe skinnier (through the hips, but the durn Mustang at 24" scale ... is about 1/2 " too long for the Gator CU24 Case ! (where the guitar has a has a 25" scale ??? ) :(

But just for grins and giggles, I grabbed a SE HB II, and she was waay to hippy to even fit in the CU24 Gator case ! (wide at the lower bouts) ... So the fact that the Hollowbodies come with cases ... is a cool thing !

I believe they come with a PRS ANGELUS acoustic guitar case….
Not exactly. I have an SE Hollowbody II and an Angelus A50E. The shape and style of the cases are the same, but the Angelus case is deeper, to fit the depth of the acoustic guitar. Both very nice cases.

PRS hollow body guitars convinced me that an HB guitar could be my main instrument. I own 3 now, and they are all superior guitars. No SE models here, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. I’m sure you’ll be well pleased.

PRS hollow body guitars convinced me that an HB guitar could be my main instrument. I own 3 now, and they are all superior guitars. No SE models here, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. I’m sure you’ll be well pleased.
I feel exactly the same. I have quite a variety of their core Hollowbody models. I love the feel, shape and sound.

I know you’ll love yours. Congrats. Can’t wait to see pics when it arrives and hear your tone report.

Last edited:
I'm still honeymooning with my SE Hollowbody Standard 10 weeks in... It's sitting on a stand beside me now, and my McCarty 594 HB II is right beside it, and which one I grab to play at any given moment is toss up. The SE's pickups are hotter than I typically gravitate toward in a hollowbody but for reasons I can't explain they just work in this guitar; it's got this wonderful warm & woody tone that - alliteration aside - always makes me smile... I just love it.

" I can't explain they just work in this guitar; it's got this wonderful warm & woody tone that - alliteration aside - always makes me smile... I just love it."
You got it. I smile and shake my head when I hear some twang from the bridge and the smooth, full tone of both pickups. Jazz players also like it.:)

Back