NGD: PRS SE Custom 24 Zebrawood Ltd

grayn

I fancied getting another guitar, to express my more metallic, heavily overdriven side, again! Something good to widdle on. So a fast neck and reasonably high output pickups were in order.
I'd spotted a JACKSON Pro Monarkh SC, in Transparent Purple Burst, at Promenade Music but didn't fancy the drive. So I decided to pop over to Reidys, in Blackburn, to check out some of their PRS SE Exotic woods range.
One thing the PRS's have, the Jackson doesn't, is a tremolo. And PRS do some of the smoothest around.
I'd already got one, from this range, fairly recently. The PRS SE 277 Baritone, with P90 pickups. What a gem.
I also spotted that Reidys had the Jackson in. It's a real looker, with good pickups and locking tuners. But some of the hardware looked cheap and the neck wasn't to my taste.
So I tried a couple of Custom 24s and a couple of Tremontis (single cuts). All very nice guitars. I had gone, mainly expecting to get one of the ebony topped models but like before, with my baritone, the Zebrawood model came out on top. It both looked and felt the best, to me. I really liked the 85/15 S pickups, too. Lots of output and bite, that really works well with overdrive. Even on one of my dirtiest overdrives, you can really differentiate chord subtleties. And single notes sing out.
So it's home now, sat next to it's lower toned bretheren. It has an overall lighter hue, to it's brother. But is just as lovely, in it's way.
The pickups sound fantastic through my set up and the fast neck and trem are as smooth as butter.

Full Specification
Body
-Top Wood: Maple with Zebra Wood Veneer
-Back Wood: Mahogany
Neck
-Number of Frets: 24
-Scale Length: 25-inch
-Neck Wood: Maple
-Neck Shape: Wide Thin
-Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
-Fretboard Inlay: Birds
Hardware
-Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo
-Tuners: PRS SE Tuners
-Hardware Type: Nickel
Electronics
-Treble Pickup: 85/15 "S"
-Bass Pickup: 85/15 "S"
-Controls: Volume and Push-Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Switch
tjguIig.jpg

vVYl7hk.jpg

aogW34w.jpg

ih0sDHu.jpg

kV7eebM.jpg

Sweet score. Looks great with its sister too. Nice contrast between the two as well. Congrats!

Wow! Nice pair of zebras there!

So, if you put the two of them in an "X" shape, do you get a lot of foot traffic from one side of the room to the other?

(Let's see how many non-Brits get that.)

Wow! Nice pair of zebras there!

So, if you put the two of them in an "X" shape, do you get a lot of foot traffic from one side of the room to the other?

(Let's see how many non-Brits get that.)

Back