NGD - Pimp Santana II - purple with gold hardware

I am installing a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge position. I’m leaving the Gibson P90 in the neck.

9001-F817-A8-E4-40-C4-AC6-E-027-A24355852.jpg

8-AC546-D0-E080-4055-8211-B464-DF93-D48-A.jpg

B63731-AF-846-A-43-F0-B6-D1-7-C0-ABD86208-C.jpg

Last edited:
I took the black mother of Pearl tuner buttons off and I put the original gold back on there. Some of the buttons seem like the interior might be a little too wide, so they wiggle a little no matter how much I turn the screws.

I bought them well over a year ago but I’ll email Crazyparts to see what they say.

Bonus points for pu pics w/o strings. :D

haha, thanks! I wanted you to be able to clearly see just how cool this pickup is. I bought it years ago to go into a koa Luke, but I never installed it. This is the first time that I’ve had a guitar with gold hardware since then.

I hope so! I installed the pickup but the wiring was a little messy in there so I chickened out and brought it to a tech to redo it neatly. I hope I get it back today. The bumblebee cap lead was cut and then resoldered so I got a new one of those to go in there.

The HXDA has a switch that lets you lower the wattage, but of course it sounds best through an attenuator and dimed; that’s when it really sounds amazing. This pickup should be killer, though. I have a set of Bare Knuckle Holy Divers in a Luke III and they sound fantastic.

B1-EAC4-BD-2-B03-4-C27-8-D85-47-FE958-F8826.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, I got the Santana back from having the electronics done and they polished the sh!t out of the guitar. It looks brand new. The tech had me run the back of my hand on the back of the body of the Santana and it just slid off like it would on a freshly detailed car.

The pickup slays. It’s a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell. I love it. Very 80’s rock, which I love. Plus, it looks the business.

I’ll take a picture of the electronics cavity tomorrow. It’s super neatly done. I’m really happy that PRS Customer Service (Shawn) suggested that I go there. Ray Mullen Music in Massachusetts.

Last edited:
Oh man, I got the Santana back from having the electronics done and they polished the sh!t out of the guitar. It looks brand new. The tech had me run the back of my hand on the back of the body of the Santana and it just slid off like it would on a freshly detailed car.

The pickup slays. It’s a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell. I love it. Very 80’s rock, which I love. Plus, it looks the business.

I’ll take a picture of the electronics cavity tomorrow. It’s super neatly done. I’m really happy that PRS Customer Service (Shawn) suggested that I go there. Ray Mullen Music in Massachusetts.
Killer!

Back