NGD McCarty SC - Smells like fish

Do you have voice-to-text on your computer? ;)

Nice to see you back here.

Lol.

Yeah, I’ve been neglecting my guitars for at least 2 months. Too busy focusing on firearms and training.

I bought a new to me overdrive pedal yesterday so I had to pull out my Custom 24. I can’t believe I almost sold that guitar. It’s suddenly my new favorite. Then I realized that I hadn’t checked the forum in forever.

And you guys didn’t disappoint... the first thread I saw: Fishy smells. OP must be stronger than I am. I would have closed that case so fast. Back in the box it goes. I cants deals with fishy smells.

Lol.

Yeah, I’ve been neglecting my guitars for at least 2 months. Too busy focusing on firearms and training.

I bought a new to me overdrive pedal yesterday so I had to pull out my Custom 24. I can’t believe I almost sold that guitar. It’s suddenly my new favorite. Then I realized that I hadn’t checked the forum in forever.

And you guys didn’t disappoint... the first thread I saw: Fishy smells. OP must be stronger than I am. I would have closed that case so fast. Back in the box it goes. I cants deals with fishy smells.
I can clean and cook it. No worries.

Like I would need a free goody bag from PRS to make the fishy smells situation right. Something awesome to help me deal with the mental anguish associated with the memory of that fishy neck.

Have y’all ever gotten close to a beautiful object (like a PRS guitar) that performed SO perfectly (like a PRS guitar), that felt so awesome (like a PRS guitar), that you’ve spent SO much money on (like a PRS guitar)... only to suddenly realize that the beautifully perfect thing... smells like fish?

I’d cry.

Steve Martin preferred his own special scent, tuna fish sandwich! He was a wild and crazy guy back then...

A little behind each ear, and one or two under each armpit, and you're set! Its economical too as the smell last two or three days!

Maybe a febreez or ozium spray would help. Are you still here and watching this thread, OP?

Steve Martin preferred his own special scent, tuna fish sandwich! He was a wild and crazy guy back then...

A little behind each ear, and one or two under each armpit, and you're set! Its economical too as the smell last two or three days!

Maybe a febreez or ozium spray would help. Are you still here and watching this thread, OP?

I he’s haddock nuff of the smelly puns!

Like I would need a free goody bag from PRS to make the fishy smells situation right. Something awesome to help me deal with the mental anguish associated with the memory of that fishy neck.

Have y’all ever gotten close to a beautiful object (like a PRS guitar) that performed SO perfectly (like a PRS guitar), that felt so awesome (like a PRS guitar), that you’ve spent SO much money on (like a PRS guitar)... only to suddenly realize that the beautifully perfect thing... smells like fish?

I’d cry.
And you live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes? :eek: Fish everywhere!

I haven't heard that PRS has taken to using hide glue; however, I do know that hide glue can smell a little fishy for some reason ... sometimes. It does pass with time.

Serious answer: it’s common. I bought my first PRS last week and tried out three S2 Custom 24’s and two CE 24’s. All of them had the same smell to varying degrees, but a couple were pretty strong.

I’ve experienced this before with a couple of Gibson LP reissues, one of which I returned because of it (and some finish cracks: it was supposed to be brand new). My current LP reissue had it for a short time after receiving it straight from Gibson, but it went away. The S2 Custom 24 I bought has it, but it seems to be getting less already.

I imagine with this thread being a month old at this point, the OP either returned the guitar or the smell went away by now.

dv1Ihti.jpg

Back