NGD, kind of. Back in the PRS family

nobozos

Picked up a 20th anniversary CE 24 Natural Mahogany yesterday. I've owned some PRS guitars in the past, but have been away for a while. Traded a couple of my guitars for it. It came in used to my local guitar shop, and once I played it, I knew I had to have it. The tone of this guitar is very unique. My other PRS guitars all had the maple cap. This is the only one I've played with an all mahogany body. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the tone of the all mahogany body combined with the maple neck. Yeah, it's not "pretty" like the 10 tops, but it really has a very cool tone. Well, here it is:

Lookin' Good!! does the Trem Arm have a different colour cap on it?

It's not about being pretty... it's about sounding top notch... prettiness comes second!

Lookin' Good!! does the Trem Arm have a different colour cap on it?

It's not about being pretty... it's about sounding top notch... prettiness comes second!

The trem arm tip is brass. I'm not sure, but isn't that something they did on all the 20th anniversary trem guitars? It really does sound great. I was honestly very surprised at how good it sounds coil tapped. You get a legit single coil tone that is very pleasing.

Last edited:
Nevermind. I looked at a picture of a 20th that I owned previously, and it has a black plastic tip on the trem arm. I'm not sure why this one is brass. Here's the one I owned before:

Back