NGD - Hollowbody II Piezo

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
I was looking at CE, and then the CE Hollowbody's and I kinda felt talked out of it by some posts on the recent CE's while I am sure are fine, not really what I'm going for.

I still wanted a Hollowbody, and this baby came to me.

So Glossy! I'll be using it at rehearsal tonight, I can't wait!!!

NrHF6Gu.jpg

Freshly opened for 20 seconds!
NVYce9O.jpg

JniSsEj.jpg

sD0zUgt.jpg

iLVvYK1.jpg

2qNh3yp.jpg

Sweet guitar! Ever since I bought my first HB (a 99 model suggested to me in this very forum), it has remained among my most favored and best sounding/playing guitars. And that lack of weight didn’t hurt my feelings either! I’m sure you’re going to enjoy that one. Congrats!

Congrats! Black Gold is such a great color.
In some of the videos I saw this model guitar looked more tobacco -y and it concerned me. Vids made it look like my SE 245 in color.

This black gold is outstanding and the concern was unwarranted. Nice and thick with the gorgeous flame veneer. The blue was too "I'm here!" for me.

I felt the same way about the blue. Back in March I wanted the gold burst version but Sweetwater told me I was on the waiting list until October for it so I ordered the blue one. I figured if I hated it I would just return it. I was pleasantly surprised. It's much darker than the pics on all websites. I love this guitar so much. Hopefully my pic posts. Not sure how to upload photos here.

qJJPc5L
https://imgur.com/gallery/qJJPc5L

qJJPc5L

xfZ8lom4UwXm

Last edited:
Darn, well that's me sold, I thought the blue was a bit pale for my liking, now I see your photograph I'm all in!

All I have to do is find one now . . .

After a different project last night at "The Shop" this one is a total winner. Kicked the SE PG and S2 594's ass (they are still great guitars...this SE HB II is better)! The light weight is a fooler, and was very appreciated!

At around 98 DB this guitar sang! No feedback, only super nice tone. The piezo really exceeded expectation, super acoustic-y. Thanks for talking me out of the CE ;)

When the old GAS pressure starts building again I'll start checking them out again I'm sure, and the CE semi hollow will definitely get a deeper eye.

Back