NGD, but WHAT?

DennisMiller

I was looking through the GC site for a guitar to make a gift of for a young friend. I got the gift instead when I found what GC described as a CMC SE Custom. Can anyone give me an idea how to read the serial number so I have some clue how old it is and what the specs are supposed to be? I'd specially like to know what the pickups are supposed to be.
IMG_2788_zps96x1gjsv.jpg

Thanks - I'm really enjoying this guitar. As I mentioned in another area of the forum, I've rarely seen an electric guitar with pickups so sensitive to height. I can make this thing sound like single coils if I wanted to. Interesting responses from every screw turn.

Mine is a 2012 model here:
2012SECU22SH_zpsjsmzok7m.jpg

Interesting to know about the sensitivity to the pickup height. I have changed the rings and switch tip to black, and plan to change the bridge to black also. When I do that I plan to make a radius template and fine tweak the pole pieces to follow that path. It really does have quite an interesting sound. Thanks for the tip, Dennis.

I heard Paul was a bit confused as to why the semis took so long to catch on in the market, I think it's just the shape of the carve of the hole. I like it, and it works for dussenberg guitars, but I prefer the F hole, although personally I do think these look great. Therefore anything without one is an old stock bargain, imo as its sort of like a double cut zach myers

Mine is a 2012 model here:
2012SECU22SH_zpsjsmzok7m.jpg

Interesting to know about the sensitivity to the pickup height. I have changed the rings and switch tip to black, and plan to change the bridge to black also. When I do that I plan to make a radius template and fine tweak the pole pieces to follow that path. It really does have quite an interesting sound. Thanks for the tip, Dennis.

Back