NGD....again

You almost say it like its a bad thing lol... Congratulations

Haha. Not a bad thing at all. Just admitting my addiction. Haha. Now that I'm back in PRS mode, I don't know why I ever left those 7 years ago when I sold my PRS CE 24.

Awesome! Congrats. I'd be interested to hear your comparison to Tremonti SE Customs you own.

I use to have Tremonti pups in one of my SE Customs (took em out for my standard 22) , and if I remember right it was a bit brighter sounding. I think mainly from the maple neck. The core Tremonti has a little more heft behind it and slightly darker overtone. I'm not the best at describing tones, but that is what comes to mind. When the SE Tremonti had the USA pups in it, the tone could be a bit too bright and harsh. I found myself having to tweek my amp settings. The core Tremonti I just plugged in and the tone was nice and warm. No adjustments on my practice amp. Haven't gotten a chance to put it through my peavey triple xxx half stack.

My other SE Custom has \m/ pups in it, and I think that one sounds closer to the core Tremonti. I love how the Tremonti and \m/ pups can get some breakup even when on the clean channel.

I definitely like the pattern thin carve better on the core Tremonti than the SE. I found the SE Custom very comfortable playing standing up, but when I sat to play it was almost too thin. The pattern thin is great standing or sitting.

I'm not great at recording and since my dell crapped out, I don't really have any computer studio software to use. I'll try to get some clips once I can.

Congrats, and welcome to Club Tremonti! (Or welcome back, can't remember what else you've picked up.)

But I'm sorry to say that it looks defective to my eyes. It might just be the angle of the picture, but I don't see where the trem bar goes in. Surely it's not meant to be without one...

:flute:

Back