NGD 594

Heck yeah! Enjoy!

I would've guessed it was Jade. Maybe it's the lighting, but the new "Emerald" looks different from the old "Emerald Green". Is the back/neck black or green?

Heck yeah! Enjoy!

I would've guessed it was Jade. Maybe it's the lighting, but the new "Emerald" looks different from the old "Emerald Green". Is the back/neck black or green?
Actually it was called Jade on the Musicians Friend web site but according to the PRS site its called Emerald so I'm not sure exactly what it is. The back and neck is translucent green.

Actually it was called Jade on the Musicians Friend web site but according to the PRS site its called Emerald so I'm not sure exactly what it is. The back and neck is translucent green.

OK, it is Jade then. Emerald Green was a color offered for many years, and then was out of the lineup for a while, but is back as "Emerald" for 2017. Jade filled the darker green niche for a few years and is a different color with more yellow in it.

Regardless, either color is cool and your new guitar rocks. :cool:

OK, it is Jade then. Emerald Green was a color offered for many years, and then was out of the lineup for a while, but is back as "Emerald" for 2017. Jade filled the darker green niche for a few years and is a different color with more yellow in it.

Regardless, either color is cool and your new guitar rocks. :cool:
It really doesn't have the yellow tint, that is more from the lighting and the orange walls. Here is the original photo as it was from the website I bought it from.

canvas3.png

It really doesn't have the yellow tint, that is more from the lighting and the orange walls. Here is the original photo as it was from the website I bought it from.

canvas3.png

Nice guitar! He's not saying there's a yellow tint to your guitar, but rather the Jade has a bit more yellow in the stain mix in comparison to the older Emerald color.

Last edited:
Back