New videos 2014 SE Zach Myers

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Found a few new videos this morning, I try to look every few weeks for new ZM videos.
Fist one is from the Germany Musikmesse music show.

PRS SE Zach Myers signature at Musikmesse 2014

PRS Zach Myers SE 2014 Review
First video this guy has made, he will make a hardware one at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Corey. Was surprised to hear him throw in some Papa Roach in the bottom video.

You are welcome Chris.
The guitar is getting rave reviews at Sweetwater who is out of stock by the way.
My dealer is suppose to call his rep today, it was too late yesterday to call the rep when I called my dealer.
I have a feeling there are non yet at PRS.

Anyways, good reviews.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEZMTG

Three reviews, this is just the first one, and the guy refers to the ZM as being the Private Stock of the SE line.
Bitchen!
by ///MK from DC area
March 7, 2014
Music Background: 20 year pro musician
The buzz is that this is the private stock of SE PRS and that is not a lie. for the price or don't tell Paul but even if it where double the price this guitar would still be amazing. The ZMSE does not take a back seat to anything else. I find myself playing it more that my Maryland based PRSi. The only quibbles are minor. I'm still not in love with the green tuners but that's easy enough to fix and they work just fine. I wish they put covered pickups on it from an aesthetic point for view but that's about it. Anyways I could not recommend this guitar enough

I used to own 3 different Gibson, one LP STD PREMIUM+ AAA, one Nighthawk (from the 90's) and one Blueshawk (90's too) none of them where equal in quality and sound to the PRS SE ZM...they all cost a lot more than 750$ (€) so i highly recommend this guitar over the Gibson...

I can highly recommend any SE over Gibson.

Anyone here that owns a ZM and has also played the SE Semi-Hollow, how do they compare?
I played my sons 2012 SE Semi-Hollow for about a week before I gave it to him for his birthday back then, and I really liked it.

Zach called it the Private Stock of the SE in a video with Paul.

I love mine and looking forward to getting the limited one from Brian's a Guitars as well.

I can highly recommend any SE over Gibson.

Anyone here that owns a ZM and has also played the SE Semi-Hollow, how do they compare?
I played my sons 2012 SE Semi-Hollow for about a week before I gave it to him for his birthday back then, and I really liked it.

I have the SE with Bigsby and the ZM has more low end to it which is what I love.

what is the deal with al these PRS vids not actually demonstrating much of what the guitar sounds like? Who buys an a semi-hollow with the intention of playing high gain metal? I want to hear what it sounds like through a good Fender or Marshall. How about some Freddie King blues?

I have an ES-339 and when I turn my YJM's EPA to noon, the feedback is substantial when standing near the amp. I can't even imagine how badly it would feedback with that much gain and/or if I turned the EPA off.

what is the deal with al these PRS vids not actually demonstrating much of what the guitar sounds like? Who buys an a semi-hollow with the intention of playing high gain metal?

My ZM is actually used in drop C with high gain and love it

what is the deal with al these PRS vids not actually demonstrating much of what the guitar sounds like? Who buys an a semi-hollow with the intention of playing high gain metal?

I know a lot of people actually... The guitar is quite versatile

Last edited:
I have the SE with Bigsby and the ZM has more low end to it which is what I love.
Really looking forward to this guitar.
I saw that Sweetwater is out of them, and I called my sales guy with them and asked availability, and he said they are due in at the end of April.
WHAT???

So I am thinking then my dealer has no chance of getting one in, but he emailed me over the night and said his rep got back to him, and mine is in setup at PRS.
Not going to get my hopes up until I actually hear that it shipped.
Once he gets the bill, that means it probably shipped to him.

Really looking forward to this guitar.
I saw that Sweetwater is out of them, and I called my sales guy with them and asked availability, and he said they are due in at the end of April.
WHAT???

So I am thinking then my dealer has no chance of getting one in, but he emailed me over the night and said his rep got back to him, and mine is in setup at PRS.
Not going to get my hopes up until I actually hear that it shipped.
Once he gets the bill, that means it probably shipped to him.

The reason Sweetwater isn't going to have them until the end of April is because they have 70+ pre-orders currently on the ZM. They're supposed to get part of their order in next week, and then I believe a few weeks after that, and a few weeks after that until the order if filled completely.

The reason Sweetwater isn't going to have them until the end of April is because they have 70+ pre-orders currently on the ZM. They're supposed to get part of their order in next week, and then I believe a few weeks after that, and a few weeks after that until the order if filled completely.
Wow, I wonder if this is one of the hottest sellers in the SE line.
I am itching to get my hands on it.
My youngest son will probably want one after be tries mine.
He really likes his 2012 SE Semi-
Hollow.

what is the deal with al these PRS vids not actually demonstrating much of what the guitar sounds like? Who buys an a semi-hollow with the intention of playing high gain metal? I want to hear what it sounds like through a good Fender or Marshall. How about some Freddie King blues?

I have an ES-339 and when I turn my YJM's EPA to noon, the feedback is substantial when standing near the amp. I can't even imagine how badly it would feedback with that much gain and/or if I turned the EPA off.

I use my ZM for some Blues/Rock, i did videos with a boutique amp based on a fender clean and marshall jcm 800...+ i did a video with a blues junior, you can see them on youtube ;)

I'd like to hear what that guitar sounds like clean. It seems like most of the demos online (and not just of this guitar, but of everything) have two gain levels--really dirty and teeth-grinding buzzsaw. I realize that Zach plays modern metal and probably never plays clean, but some of us old guys do (although we like some overdrive too). Looks like a cool guitar though, and for the price it really seems like a steal.

Thank you prs19 , you were faster than me :laugh:
The BLUES JUNIOR3 is a FSR ltd with Eminence speaker "the wizard" the overdrive comes from an Ibanez ts9.

I can do more videos for those who needs ;)

EDIT:
A new video is uploading on Youtube :)

I guess I might as well post the video I recorded today here, didn't see this thread before posting mine, ah well :wink:

I am really digging these videos showing the versatility of this guitar.

Been playing my 2012 SE Santana this weekend to get use to the 24.5" scale and wide/fat neck.
Have not had it out since Christmas vacation.

Back