New videos 2014 SE Zach Myers

Didn't get finished with the listen quite yet....

I guess I might as well post the video I recorded today here, didn't see this thread before posting mine, ah well :wink:

...cause I had to say man you are killing it at the 1:57 mark! Whew!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I might as well post the video I recorded today here, didn't see this thread before posting mine, ah well :wink:

Dude, PRS should be sending guitars to Umea for you to demo. Awesome, tasteful playing using all the pickup positions at different levels of gain and great overall tone. This is what a good demo should be, as it really showcases what the guitar is capable of. I love shredding and high gain as much as the next metal head, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when all a "demo" consists of is harmonic minor sweeps and blazing diatonics through a 5150 with its front end goosed with a tube screamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for the kind words guys :wave:
And VHTStark; I do have a very good report and collab with the Scandinavian retailer which made sure
that I got this axe as soon as it hit Sweden. We're actually looking at doing a PRS store clinic here in Sweden
this year, but we'll see how that pans out. The market for PRS guitars in Sweden is definitely not the best.

It is one of THE most conservative guitar markets you'll find. PRSi are still very much considered "lawyer-guitars"
that are just made to be looked at and doesn't "sound" like a proper guitar (i.e Fen/Gib).
I do what I can to change the perception through my vids; both with stuff like this, but also vids from trade shows
around the globe. Hope to help "turn the tide" eventually :wink:

Richard, I figured Sweden wouldn't be a hotbed for PRS's. I actually have firsthand experience with that. Years ago, we played a gig with a punk band from Sweden call the Satanic Surfers. At the time, my McCarty was pretty new to me, but I let one of the guitar players use it (I did vocals exclusively). Of course, we all start talking shop and neither Frederick or Mattias of the surfers even knew what a PRS was! It is similar where I am from in Canada here; most folks play or know about Gibson's and Fender's but either have misconceptions about PRS or just haven't had a chance to really give them a go!

Back