New to PRS: Bridge question.

Michael Blair

I just found a deal on this PRS custom 24. I noticed the bridge isn’t set right and am having a hard time finding a bridge like this on the limited search I have done. Wondering if this is a custom/hack job or just new to me. I’m a new member so I’m not supposed to post links yet? I’ll try and describe the bridge: it is a tremolo strat style. However it doesn’t have the 6 screws in front, instead two posts holding the bridge.

I just found a deal on this PRS custom 24. I noticed the bridge isn’t set right and am having a hard time finding a bridge like this on the limited search I have done. Wondering if this is a custom/hack job or just new to me. I’m a new member so I’m not supposed to post links yet? I’ll try and describe the bridge: it is a tremolo strat style. However it doesn’t have the 6 screws in front, instead two posts holding the bridge.

Assuming for the moment that it isn't a CU24 Floyd model with the Floyd Rose bridge, chances are it's fake. I'd run, not walk, away from that one.

Found it to be a “hip shot” bridge. Even if somehow this is a fake the money in it is not even close to a worry. But it would be one hell of a fake. Plays great, sounds fine. So you’re saying there is no way an authentic PRS could have a hip shot bridge?

Found it to be a “hip shot” bridge. Even if somehow this is a fake the money in it is not even close to a worry. But it would be one hell of a fake. Plays great, sounds fine. So you’re saying there is no way an authentic PRS could have a hip shot bridge?

Correct. Not unless someone went through the effort to remove the original 6-screw bridge and drill holes for the Hipshot posts.

Once you get a few more posts in, share the link if you're willing. We can spot a fake very, very quickly.

Let's put it this way. It's a big mod. That's why it's a "deal."

That doesn't mean that at some point it wasn't a factory PRS. Nor does it mean you won't like it for some reason.

It means that these items do not come from the factory at PRS.

Back