New PRS SE Cu24 Fire Red

HellChords

Hi,

First sorry for my english, I try hard to write correctly :)

Here my new PRS SE Custom 24 in Fre Red Burst :)

I'm happy to return in PRS family (left 6 years ago, when I thinked that I'll never played guitar again, so I'had sell mine :( )

So, I had get my new one in shop next from my house, but I have question about finition.
20181215-124918.jpg

20181217-125603.jpg

20181217-125537.jpg

I've note that guitar have a little poc :( It seem come from manunfacturing.
20181216-130531.jpg

And, on fret 1 and 2 , little defect too.
20181217-124536-2.jpg

20181217-124536-3.jpg

It's bad luck or am I too much demanding ?

I havn't note other defect :=)

Last question, strings gauge with 10/46 will work without problem ? Original gauge was little "slack"

Thank you

Love the Fire Red!
Your SE came with 9's so to run 10's, you'll probably need to do a little file work on the nut to use the fatter gauge string without them binding. As for the "defects," only you can decide if you can live with them or not. If the guitar sounds great, and feels great to you, then I wouldn't worry to much about them. But if they're going to bug you, then maybe a return/exchange might be in order.

Agreed (see above comment) the "defects" make that PRS your guitar nobody else will have them, I like it! Great color and if you never mentioned it nobody would ever know. Congrats

It looks like a metal shaving or something under the veneer top. Is there a possibility of air getting under the veneer, or is it finished over?

I wouldn't worry about minor marks on the fret board, but a lift under the veneer would be cause to return for me.

If that were a new core model those defects would be unacceptable. Being an SE I'm not sure what the norm is, but if it's the odd man out I'd try a little stringer sorting to see if you can land a better one. If you'd just be exchanging for more of the same then not much point.

Nice guitar but that **** would bug me. If that's the norm for an SE I'd rather save up for something better :)

Last edited:
How does that even get past final inspection? I'm going to give the PRS SE inspectors the benefit of the doubt, and guess that some kind of contaminants got into the packaging and roughed up the surface during shipping to the dealer.

Unfortunately, stuff can happen between the retailer and the recipient when shipping. Eddie is right, that is the start of the laminate coming up. If the guitar has that magic sound, keep it and very carefully put a tiny drop of brand new superglue in there. Everything starts and ends with how it sounds for me.

Back