New PRS CE Standard Satin

Vijay

I just got my PRS CE Standard form Wildwood Guitars - setup perfect - plays great. But I have a question - I also own another PRS with a bolt on neck - the PRS NF3. That guitar and every other PRS Bolt on I have seen from PRS, the neck pocket is perfect - no gaps.

In the one I got, there a gap on the right hand side (look from the front) the size of my pick height. Is this a problem/defect? It plays great and sounds great, just surprised to see this in a Maryland made guitar. I will upload pictures tonight to show what I mean - but what do you guy think about this?

Should I contact wildwood guitars about this, or am I over reacting to this?

Good question. I had an old SAS that had a slight gap too. I always wondered. Never heard any ill effects from it. You could contact PRS customer service and ask them. Hopefully some bolt on guys chime in. I'd imagine it's not uncommon with as many bolt on neck guitars are out there. Not sure if it's common with PRS.

Yeah,I have a CE like that. Changes a bit with the weather and doesn't seem to have any tonal drawbacks, in fact it's one of the better sounding guitars I own.

I've heard others ask the same question. I don't remember the response from PRS, but it was normal and didn't adversely affect anything.

Back