New Pickups

Guitar God

So, I finally decided on pickups for me PRS SE EG. I decided on DiMarzios. Went with a DiMarzio Fast Track 2 for the bridge, DiMarzio Fast Track 1 for the middle, and a DiMarzio Pro Track for the neck. I knew I wanted something pretty hot. I originally went with the Rio Grande Run 'N Gun set, but I couldn't get them, so I had to go with something else - I made a post about that not too long ago. I looked at Bare Knuckle stuff, Lindy Fralin stuff, Dimarzios, Duncans, etc. Had it narrowed down to the Bare Knuckle Cobras, Lindy Fralin Split Blades, and the DiMarzio Fast Track 2/Fast Track 1/Pro Track comb o. Ultimately finally decided on the DiMarzio set that I got because it's a set/combo I've been wanting to try for a long time. Dropped the guitar at the shop today to get them installed!

78GtwrK.jpg

Definitely a hot set. Pro Track is a great neck pickup. The other 2 are too hot for my taste, but are really good at what they do well.
The Dimarzio double blade stuff is all really good, as is the Area 58, 61, and 67 PuPs. I use 2 Cruiser bridges, but in the middle and neck, with an AT-1 for the Ibanez Andy Timmons setup. His new Ibby uses all 3 Cruiser bridges.

Best of like with your setup, let use know how you like it.

Definitely a hot set. Pro Track is a great neck pickup. The other 2 are too hot for my taste, but are really good at what they do well.
The Dimarzio double blade stuff is all really good, as is the Area 58, 61, and 67 PuPs. I use 2 Cruiser bridges, but in the middle and neck, with an AT-1 for the Ibanez Andy Timmons setup. His new Ibby uses all 3 Cruiser bridges.

Best of like with your setup, let use know how you like it.
That's what I wanted for this one. Something pretty hot. Yeah, those are great, too! I love DiMarzio stuff! Will do!

So, I got the DiMarzio's installed in my PRS SE EG. They sounded good, but I felt they sounded a little weak. Then, I realized that it came with 250K pots stock and probably should have got some 500K pots before I took it in to get the pickups installed. So, I took it back to the shop and they had some and I had them installed. Picked it back up today and much better. Sound like they should. Really hot and beefy sounding. Cleans up good, too. Going to be spending more time with it. I'm liking them a lot so far!
u1QHSAQ.jpg

Back