New Pickups for ZM

Help me decide wich nickel cover option would be cooler on my ZM

• Nickel

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Worn Nickel

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I´m a pain in the ass... sorry to disturb the forum mates with this nonsense, but I´m kind of anal about some of this stuff...

I hate this:

r25eoj.jpg

I like this:

20ho8yd.jpg

Unfortunately these are both reference pictures for Dimarzio Nickel covers (one is from MF page and the other is the Dimarzio official page one)...

If I buy The Nickel Cover 36th wich one is going to look alike? I HATE that "chrome" like look!!!

You would probably really like a set of Seymour Duncan "Antiquities" humbuckers. They have very cool looking, artificially aged nickel (I believe) covers. They look more dull gray then that "unsightly chrome" that you don't appreciate. These are supposed to be some great sounding pickups, in the right hands. The price may be higher but the whole item sounds like the type of thing you want.

I installed SD Joe Bonamassa custom shop pickups with lightly aged chrome covers on my ZM. Looks great and sounds unearthly. A bit pricy new but you can pick up one discounted in the used aftermarket.

If you want the "PRS Brushed" look, I have the sollution for you as I went through the same thing.

Contact sello banjomikez on ebay (largest Dimarzio seller on there). Have him special order a set of 36ths in raw nickle. Prob take about 2 weeks (he might have some in stock though).
When you get them, get some of the green 3M scotchbrite pads from Target or whatever. Cut out a piece just a bit wider than the pickup itself. Turn the pickup to where its longways in your hand (like a cell phone) and rub the scotchbrite pad up and down (be careful to always rub up and down in straight lines). Rub for maybe 30 seconds. CHeck it and if you need more shine taken off, do it again. In the end , it will look almost exactly the same as the PRS brushed pups.

I just sold a set I did this too , 36th about a week ago.

36fun1.JPG

You may also want to check out the new Dimarzio PAF Masters, I got a set of those and find them warmer, clearer than the 36th , though the 36th are still great.

Hi folks,

it´s been awhile since I change pu´s on a guitar and I´m a little confuse with this diagram:

34t698j.jpg

the solder points that are on the red circles (i just show a couple but there are others on the diagram) are actual solder points? I see the push/ull switch has a metal thingy there... but not sure what to do

Thanks for your help

Back