New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Discussion in 'Forum Rules & News' started by prsguitars, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome, good banter here!

2. fretrat

fretrat New Member

Thanks Alnus Rubra! It's been a blast so far!

3. Alnus Rubra

All good guys here!

fretrat likes this.
  4. Peet

Peet New Member

Hello from Illinois. I don't own a PRS yet, but have one on order. I was mediocre in the 70's and severely cut my left index finger which brought my playing to a halt. After 2 surgeries it was never the same. I retired a few years ago and after a 30 year hiatus, got my acoustic out of the closet 18 months ago. I should have done this years ago as the functionality of my finger has greatly improved.
    I've never owned an electric and didn't want to sink a bunch of money into one. I did some research and settled in on the 2018 Standard SE 24. I placed an order 12-1-17 and am impatiently awaiting delivery. It seems no one has them in stock and I can't get a date when they will be shipping.
    Hope I live long enough to see the thing.

fretrat likes this.
  5. fretrat

fretrat New Member

Welcome aboard! I'm new too but I've learned a lot from poking around on the forum here. Hey man...you'd better live long enough to at least learn a few songs on your new PRS... then at least you would die happy!

6. Alnus Rubra

Hi Peet, welcome to the forum.

7. Michelinho

Michelinho New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Registered in 2014, I've been away since but returning stronger for 2018. On Boxing Day, I bought a beautiful Paul Reed Smith SE Standard Santana, my first PRS guitar and I love it so far.

Wish you all a Happy New Year,

Michelinho

Alnus Rubra and fretrat like this.
  8. fretrat

fretrat New Member

Welcome Michelinho! From where do you hail? Boxing day would be Canada perhaps? Would love to see a pic of that Santana!

9. Michelinho

Michelinho New Member

You are right, from Canada. I don't have any pictures yet or hosting site but It will be taken care of in the near future. I will not post a link of an external site but pictures are readily available with a simple search. I thought the guitar was a 2017 but the signed headstock means it is a 2018. GREAT! :)
    I bought the Paul Reed Smith from Sam Ash on the 25th which is Boxing Day in Canada but with good rebates in the US and since my son-in-law lives in New Jersey, I had it shipped there so free shipping above the price cut. It is listed at $539, which I thought it was too much as the 2017 sells everywhere for $429/$439. So I got on a chat with a fellow at Sam's and got a deal I simply could not refuse.

Now, I am the proud owner of a (my first) Paul Reed Smith guitar and loving it. Best out of the box setup I've seen so far.

Take care,

Michelinho

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  10. Alnus Rubra

Congrats Michelinho. Enjoy your new guitar and welcome (back).

11. FJR_Nate

FJR_Nate New Member

Hiyas all. Just purchased a Custom 24 SE yesterday and it seems great so far.

12. David Drew Porter

David Drew Porter grateful dave

Hey Now!
    I am waiting on my first PRS order to be filled and I am way-stoked (yes I am originally from a beach town).
    Peace,
    grateful dave

13. veinbuster

veinbuster Coming of age

Hi guys.
    Bonus pints for photos.

14. Mary Ann

Mary Ann New Member

Can anyone help me I have a PRS #H1575 it is electric and a beautiful solid royal Blue. It also has a #10 on it. It belonged to my husband
    who passed away. Any information would be appreciated. Also there is another #2.972.923 this is patent #. Mary Ann

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  15. Alnus Rubra

Hi Mary Ann,

Welcome to the forum. The #10 means it is classed as a 10 top, a high quality piece of maple was used to make the top. It will be highly figured, flame or quilt maple!

This is a quality instrument.

The other better informed members will be able to help you some more.

16. Mary Ann

Mary Ann New Member

Thank you for replying

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  17. flux

flux 594 & CU24

Welcome, @Mary Ann -- so sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences.

The patent number you listed traces back to a Fender style bridge, but doesn't provide information about the instrument itself. If it's a Fender, it will usually bear the logo, and have a serial number (and sometimes model) listed.
    Sometimes they're on the front of the headstock (picture), sometimes on the rear of it (picture).

Are you looking for general information, or also perhaps interested in having the instruments valued? It may even be easier for you to consult if a local retailer, as it (usually) takes away the guesswork from identification. I'm of course happy to assist you however I can, even if it's just to refer you to an appropriate local shop.

For the Paul Reed Smith model -- sometimes the model number or other identifying information may printed on the front of the headstock, or truss rod cover (where it says "Custom", pictured below). There is a lot of variation in serial numbers; sometimes they're stamped in to the back of the headstock, sometimes they're hand-written. I'm unfortunately not familiar with the format of the serial number you provided, but others here may be. Are there any other identifying names or numbers you see that you could share? (Or, would you happen to have any photos available?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or, if the guitar has been stored in a case, did you notice if it contained any documentation inside? When new, PRS instruments these days include a card listing the model number, production date, and specifications. Many players keep those inside the case, others may remove it to store. I thought it might be worth asking, just in case it's still in there.

[​IMG]

You're also welcome to contact the company's customer service department if you'd prefer to speak to someone over the phone. They may be able to help get you some answers.

PRS Guitars
    380 Log Canoe Circle
    Stevensville, MD 21666
    P: 410-643-9970
    custserv@prsguitars.com

#257 flux, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  18. Tone-y

Tone-y New Member

Hey, now we're talking. I'm from the west country, so make mine a Cider!

veinbuster likes this.
  19. Tone-y

Tone-y New Member

By the way, Hi, new member. I bought a 53/10 limited a few years ago back when I still had money (pre-children). One of the two in natural that came to the UK. Still don't quite know how I ended up with it as I started off looking for Les Paul type as a treat myself pre-kids get it now before I can never afford it again purchase.

20. Luis Chaves

Luis Chaves New Member

Hi from Winnipeg, Canada! I registered to the forum a while ago, but I recently came back to gain more knowledge from the great PRS community. I purchased a 408 back in 2012 at Guitarras 357 (Costa Rica) before moving to Canada for Grad School, which I am currently dealing with, hoping to conclude soon. Nowadays I am the happy owner of a SC250. Cheers!

Alnus Rubra likes this.