New Acoustic Pickup Day

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Recently picked up a pickup less acoustic. I'd heard great things about the Mojotone NC-1, and the video demos looked good, so I decided to try one.
My initial impression is that it not only lives up to the hype, it exceeds it. Right now I'm using it without permanent installation, but that might change if I get tired of putting it in and taking it out, or of the cable running down the face of the guitar. Popped it in, plugged into my Boss Acoustic Singer live, and instantly heard my guitar, just louder. With my various piezo equipped guitars, I need to use the "acoustic resonance" feature on the amp to get rid of the quack and have an approximation of what the guitar sounds like. With the mojotone I turned the AR clean off. I tried all 3 AR settings, and it sounds good through all, but turned off it just sounds like my guitar. Not sure how they did it with a mag pickup, but color me impressed.

Will report back after band practice tonight with further impressions, but for the moment - WOW.

Back from band practice - I absolutely love this pickup. Sounded great in the mix, and sounded like my guitar. I might need to have it installed - because if the cable moves too much against the face of the guitar, it makes an audible click through the amp. One also needs to watch where they're picking, as hitting the pickup is also audible, but I don't normally pick that far up, so not an issue. I am extremely happy with the pickup and the guitar :).

Back from band practice - I absolutely love this pickup. Sounded great in the mix, and sounded like my guitar. I might need to have it installed - because if the cable moves too much against the face of the guitar, it makes an audible click through the amp. One also needs to watch where they're picking, as hitting the pickup is also audible, but I don't normally pick that far up, so not an issue. I am extremely happy with the pickup and the guitar :).
Isn't it great when a piece of gear does exactly what you need it to

Mojotone seems to be doing some great things!

Don't they also make a metal pickup that PRS is using in someone's signature guitar?

Back