* Need help with accurate Ebay description sc58 blue fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMJAM

Hi all, in 2011 I bought my first and only PRS from Grape Vine guitars. I decided to sell it since its never left its case.I just got a message from a Ebay member with zero feedback basically calling me a intentional liar by calling it a Private stock.He also reported me:(
I copied and pasted the exact description from Grape vine where its listed as PS.I also saw one of the other 5 made specifically for the 2011 Dallas show on another PRS dealer's website.Hangtag says "special" next to order#There it was also listed as PS.Here is my Ebay link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290901095777?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I am already going to lose alot of money on the guitar but this is not about money but rather a accurate description.I do not want to mislead anyone.If its not considered a private stock then so be it and
i was the one mislead and I will change it. Thanks, Jim

This is the part of the dealer description that gave me that impression.

This New 2011 PRS "SC 58" Features:
From a Run of five Made for the 2011 Dallas Guitar Show
Body:
One Piece Mahogany Back
**Beautiful Carved "Private Stock" Grade Flamed Maple **
Beautiful "Blue Fade" Color

I thought private stock was a description/grade of the woods.I have since seen ones with Private stock written on the headstock.

So its considered just a special order SC58?
Thanks for the reply.

It's just an SC58 with a Private Stock grade top and Artist package appointments (minus gold/hybrid hardware). It is not a Private Stock guitar.

Very nice guitar none the less, good luck on your sale.

Last edited:
I am learning selling on Ebay is a PITA!
I have over 250 buys but rarely if ever sell.Maybe 6 or so.Resale on gear is horrible.Then with the fees and Paypal getting you also its not worth it.
Auctions seem to pull wierdos out of the woodwork.Emails from people wanting to trade paintball guns,videos games,broken Epiphone sighed by Slash........This guy reported me without even asking me about the issue.
I have close to 50 guitars,only sold 3 in my life and bought this one on just pure impulse.To pretty that I have only played it a few times. just trying to clear out some of the cases just taking up space but that said thinking about stopping the auction and just keeping it.Maybe reword it? I dunno but losing your butt is par for the course with resale on guitars if you bought it new.
Thanks for the replies.Jim

Last edited:
If it were mine, I would keep it. No question, that is a beautiful guitar. No, I am not interested :) .

Start playing it. It probably sounds as good as it looks. Seems a waste for it to be riding the case!

Yeah I try to play each guitar I own except for the ultra rare ones at least once a week. I own a few Les Pauls and call the SC58 the beauty queen of the bunch. Built like a tank,sounds strong and a top to die for.
I just do not play it.Hard to explain but if anyone out there has alot of guitars you know you always end up with only a handfull you really play. I mean get sweaty play till your fingers hurt and hang the guitar on a stand wet till the morning kinda playing.
This one I just like to stare at. PRS my supermodel guitar hahaha.....

Last edited:
Well these lots of guys are a PRS dealer and had a nice size display at the Dallas guitar show.

It's gonna be a tough sell for you to get a good price. The SC-58 is a guitar with artist package top & inlays. Several dealers have these highly discounted now(by like 23% off original price). Who designated these as PS grade tops? PRS or the dealer add you reference? If PRS does, you have a little bit to work with. The limited color helps. But still, you're gonna lose on this one selling it outright IMO. You're better off trying to trade it for something else you want of equal new value/condition. Either that or wait for a good while. They look like great guitars. Likely worth every penny paid if you were playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back