need help choosing pickups

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I'm considering purchasing a McCarty trem but since I have a McCarty ST I would like to use different pickups in the trem. I could go try guitars with pickups that I'm considering but we all know that unless you're using your own rig in a familiar environment you won't really know.

I mostly play classic rock and would like to use 5708s,5310s or DG pickups. I'm asking for real world feedback.

Thanks in advance

Check out the McCarty pickups if you haven't, I think they're great for classic tones!

I'm a big fan of the \m/ pickups . Shawn and I had talked about these and agree they shouldn't be considered pickups for one genre. Very articulate and defined

Maybe you should try the stock pickup first because it's a trem guitar there, more wood taken out and the bridge is suspended by screws and springs. It may sound very different, or may not. If I were you, I'd give it a listen first before rushing into swapping the pickups out. That said, the 57/08 and 59/09 are probably your best friends if you're wanting vintage-y tones. Cheers man! :beer:

Maybe you should try the stock pickup first because it's a trem guitar there, more wood taken out and the bridge is suspended by screws and springs. It may sound very different, or may not. If I were you, I'd give it a listen first before rushing into swapping the pickups out. That said, the 57/08 and 59/09 are probably your best friends if you're wanting vintage-y tones. Cheers man! :beer:
+1, the trem is going to give a different sound, try out McCarty pickups 1st. Also, DGTs are the best.

I'm a big fan of the \m/ pickups . Shawn and I had talked about these and agree they shouldn't be considered pickups for one genre. Very articulate and defined

Yea Matt, the \m/'s are NOT a one trick pony. That said, I am a HUGE fan of the McCarty's too. I also use a mixed set in Riza, 57/08 & 59/09. Hell, their ALL good choices!

Back